Best Orthotic Shoes
With KURU on your side, you can enjoy top-quality orthotic shoes that offer superior shock absorption and powerful support for your feet.
There’s a recommended break-in period for every KURU pair, even orthotic house shoes. However, once you get past this stage, you’ll realize there’s nothing quite like cute orthotic shoes to give you the protection you deserve from your footwear. Finally, you can wear shoes that make you look and feel great.
It’s time to say goodbye to heel spurs, excessive pronation, shin splints, and knee and joint problems. Switch to KURU now to discover a whole new world of style and comfort.
Orthotic shoes, also known as ortho footwear, are prescribed footwear designed to restore natural feet function. Sometimes, specialists prescribe them for foot, leg, and back problems.
However, not all orthotic shoes are the same. Some of the best minds in medicine, science, and footwear created KURU products to adapt to the natural contours of the feet, providing users with superior impact absorption and cushioning.
Everyone can benefit from wearing the best orthotic shoes—athletes, avid travelers, and outdoor lovers of any age and gender. However, they can be life-changing for some individuals. They are particularly useful for the following scenarios:
- Long standing timePeople who stand for more than five hours a day should consider wearing the best orthotic shoes for plantar fasciitis. Surgeons, environmental engineers, high school teachers, patrol officers, and paramedics could benefit from such a pair.Long standing time
- Flat-footednessIndividuals who have flat or high arches in either or both feet can experience the benefits of orthotic shoes. The support, cushioning, and stability of KURU orthotic shoes for flat feet help reduce the pain and discomfort of this condition and bring relief.Flat-footedness
- Severe painAnyone experiencing recurring foot pain or those who have recently had lower limb injuries should get in touch with a specialist immediately to request recommendations for orthotic shoes. Sometimes, a simple act such as changing your shoes can do wonders for your everyday comfort.Severe pain
- Ankle supportSome exercises like dynamic sports require more ankle support than other activities. The additional protection can prevent conditions like shin splints and muscle strains. For this reason, you can check with brands if they have specialized pairs like orthotic tennis shoes.Ankle support
- Existing injuriesIf you already sustained injuries like bunions, blisters, or ingrown nails due to ill-fitting shoes, you don’t have to look any further to address your distinct needs. These conditions can slow you down or even stop you from moving and going about daily life. Shop KURU shoes now to find the ideal pair to support your healing.Existing injuries
Tips to Buying Orthotic Shoes
When it comes to buying orthotic shoes, there are several important factors to consider. These specially designed shoes offer customized support and can be beneficial for individuals with specific foot conditions or those seeking enhanced comfort and stability. Whether you’re dealing with arch issues, foot pain, or require additional support, selecting the right orthotic shoes is crucial.
- Consult with a Podiatrist: Before purchasing orthotic shoes, it’s recommended to consult with a podiatrist or orthopedic specialist. They can evaluate your foot condition and provide personalized recommendations based on your specific needs.
- Get Proper Measurements: Have your feet professionally measured to ensure an accurate fit. Orthotic shoes should provide ample space in the toe box and a snug fit around the heel and midfoot. Proper measurements help prevent discomfort or issues caused by ill-fitting shoes.
- Consider Your Foot Type: Different foot types require different types of support. For instance, individuals with high arches may need shoes with extra cushioning and arch support, while those with flat feet may benefit from shoes that provide stability and motion control. Understanding your foot type helps in selecting the appropriate orthotic shoes.
- Test for Comfort and Support: Try on orthotic shoes and walk around in them to assess their comfort and support. Pay attention to any pressure points or areas of discomfort. Walk on different surfaces and inclines to ensure the shoes provide the necessary stability and cushioning for your specific activities.
- Quality and Durability: Invest in well-constructed orthotic shoes from reputable brands known for their quality and durability. Orthotic shoes are an investment in your foot health, and choosing a durable pair can ensure they last longer and continue to provide the necessary support over time.
- What are orthotic friendly shoes?
Orthotic-friendly shoes are footwear specifically designed to accommodate and work well with orthotic inserts or insoles. These shoes have certain features and characteristics that allow for easy insertion, secure fit, and proper functioning of orthotics.
Orthotic-friendly shoes typically have removable insoles or footbeds, providing enough depth and space to accommodate the additional volume of orthotic inserts. They often have a wider toe box to allow the toes to spread naturally and provide ample room for orthotics. The shoes may also feature adjustable closures such as straps or laces, allowing for a customized fit to ensure proper support and stability when worn with orthotics. Additionally, orthotic-friendly shoes may offer a supportive and cushioned midsole to complement the benefits of the orthotic inserts and enhance overall comfort and foot alignment.
These shoes are an ideal choice for individuals who require orthotic support to address foot conditions, gait abnormalities, or specific alignment issues. Orthotic-friendly shoes offer the convenience and compatibility necessary for effective orthotic use, allowing individuals to experience the combined benefits of the shoe’s design and the orthotic insert in achieving proper foot support and comfort.
- What is the difference between orthopedic and orthotic shoes?
Orthopedic shoes and orthotic shoes are often confused with one another, but they have distinct differences. Orthopedic shoes are footwear designed to provide support, comfort, and alleviate foot-related conditions or abnormalities. These shoes are typically prescribed or recommended by orthopedic specialists and are constructed with features that cater to specific foot conditions. Orthopedic shoes can have additional depth, removable insoles, wider toe boxes, and various modifications to accommodate specific foot issues such as bunions, plantar fasciitis, or diabetic foot conditions. They are designed to provide overall foot support and improve foot function.
On the other hand, orthotic shoes refer to shoes that have removable or replaceable orthotic insoles. Orthotics are specially designed inserts or footbeds that provide additional support, cushioning, and correction to the feet. These inserts can be customized to address individual foot abnormalities, alignment issues, or gait problems. Orthotic shoes allow the wearer to use their own prescribed or custom-made orthotics by providing a removable insole that can be replaced with the orthotic inserts.
In summary, while orthopedic shoes are designed as a whole to address foot conditions, orthotic shoes specifically refer to footwear that accommodates the use of orthotic inserts or insoles. Orthotic shoes provide the flexibility to incorporate personalized orthotic support, whereas orthopedic shoes have built-in features to address foot conditions without the need for additional inserts.
- What are the best shoes for orthotics?
The best shoes to wear with orthotics are those that provide a combination of comfort, support, and versatility. Look for shoes with removable insoles or footbeds, as they allow you to easily insert and secure your orthotic inserts. This feature ensures a proper fit and prevents the orthotics from shifting or sliding within the shoe.
Athletic shoes, such as running shoes, walking shoes, or cross-training shoes, are popular choices for wearing with orthotics. These shoes often have cushioned midsoles, excellent arch support, and shock absorption properties, which complement the benefits of orthotic inserts. Additionally, athletic shoes are designed to accommodate various foot movements and provide stability, making them well-suited for individuals who require extra support.
- Are orthotic shoes covered by HSA?
Orthotic shoes can be eligible for HSA funds if you have a Letter of Medical Necessity from your doctor and they are considered to be a qualifying product. Visit hsastore.com for more information.
*Note: At this time, KURU doesn’t accept insurance including FSA or HSA. We accept all major credit and debit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club.
- How is the arch support of KURU shoes?
KURU shoes deliver excellent arch support without the need for thick inserts or expensive, custom orthotics.
Superior arch support starts with our patented KURUSOLE technology, which delivers natural cushioning and dynamically hugs your heel with every step. Every foot is unique, and our ULTIMATE INSOLES adapt to fit your needs by using your own body heat to custom-mold to the shape of your feet over time.
The corrective nature of our superior arch support is designed to neutralize your weight distribution and place your foot in the best anatomical position. This support can take some getting used to. We suggest slowly breaking in your new shoes over the course of 2–3 weeks.
- I just received a pair of your shoes and my feet are sore/hurt after wearing them. Why is that?
Some customers experience tenderness when they first start wearing a new pair of KURUs. That’s ok! Your body may need time to adjust to the new levels of anatomical support you experience with our patented KURUSOLE technology. Our shoes are also designed to mold to your unique foot shape, which takes a bit of a break-in period.
Our break-in procedures include wearing your KURUs for a couple hours per day around the house in the first couple of weeks as they break in and form to your foot.
The use of orthotics, braces, and other supportive devices can effectively reduce pain and improve function in individuals with various types of foot problems.
Orthotic shoes, or ortho footwear, are special doctor-prescribed footwear. They have features that make them unique from other shoe types in the market. Below are some components to consider when looking for the perfect pair of orthotic shoes:
- Unmatched supportOrthotic technology should hold the shoe onto the foot perfectly without slippage or twisting. However, it’s crucial to find the right size to avoid too-tight shoes. Some people prefer going half a size up for maximum comfort.Unmatched support
- Well-cushionedWhen it comes to orthotics, there is no one-size-fits-all solution for everyone. A pair that works well on another person might not work well for you. Pro tip: Your orthotic shoes should support your body weight. The added cushion on the shoes will help reduce the impact of any movement on your feet.Well-cushioned
- Strong heel countersThe back of the heel should not be too flimsy. It should protect your ankle from too much movement. This feature is ideal for relieving stress and tension on various body parts. Apart from your feet, orthotics can also positively impact your hips, legs, knees, and ankles.Strong heel counters
- Built-in insoleOrthotic shoes should have supportive insoles, like KURU’s ULTIMATE INSOLE technology. This part of the shoe serves two purposes: to boost comfort and provide support. With KURU on your side, you can redistribute the pressure on your feet as you perform your daily activities.Built-in insole
- Deep toe boxesMany people, especially women, suffer from unnecessary pain and foot problems because of ill-fitting shoes. When picking the best orthotic shoes for you, choose one with deep toe boxes that won’t cramp or squash your feet.Deep toe boxes
At KURU, we pride ourselves on our unique approach to shoe design. We believe that shoes should be shaped to fit the natural contours of your feet, which is why we create every pair in three distinct support layers, not just an insole.
Our revolutionary ergonomic design starts with a curved footbed and adds unparalleled triple-layer support that includes shock-absorbing KURUCLOUD, heel-cupping KURUSOLE, and arch-supporting ULTIMATE INSOLES. The result? Shoes that are so comfortable you’ll stop thinking about your feet.
The KURUSOLE technology is one of those breakthroughs that the team wanted to share with the rest of the world immediately. With its features on …Show More
The KURUSOLE technology is one of those breakthroughs that the team wanted to share with the rest of the world immediately. With its features on your side, you get unparalleled support levels on your ankle, arch, and heel. The patented shape ensures you won’t have alignment or mobility problems while wearing your stylish orthotic shoes.…Show less
As the name suggests, the KURUCLOUD technology makes consumers feel like they’re walking on clouds! It uses a unique blend of …Show More
As the name suggests, the KURUCLOUD technology makes consumers feel like they’re walking on clouds! It uses a unique blend of lightweight EVA foam with the latest manufacturing equipment and techniques to give users a silky-smooth stride with every step. You can run, dance, or walk as you please without the fear of pain or injury.…Show less
The KURU ULTIMATE INSOLE technology enhances every pair’s support and comfort through its space-age polyurethane foam. The dual-density enhancement …Show More
The KURU ULTIMATE INSOLE technology enhances every pair’s support and comfort through its space-age polyurethane foam. The dual-density enhancement molds to your heels and arches as you wear them. It works with KURUCLOUD and KURUSOLE to ensure your feet remain aligned, safe, and pain-free.…Show less
The KURUSOLE technology is one of those breakthroughs that the team wanted to share with the rest of the world immediately. With its features on your side, you get unparalleled support levels on your ankle, arch, and heel. The patented shape ensures you won’t have alignment or mobility problems while wearing your stylish orthotic shoes.
As the name suggests, the KURUCLOUD technology makes consumers feel like they’re walking on clouds! It uses a unique blend of lightweight EVA foam with the latest manufacturing equipment and techniques to give users a silky-smooth stride with every step. You can run, dance, or walk as you please without the fear of pain or injury.
The KURU ULTIMATE INSOLE technology enhances every pair’s support and comfort through its space-age polyurethane foam. The dual-density enhancement molds to your heels and arches as you wear them. It works with KURUCLOUD and KURUSOLE to ensure your feet remain aligned, safe, and pain-free.
Fine, We’ll Tell You Our Secret
What makes KURU different? Every KURU shoe comes with built-in patented KURUSOLE tech—a foot health game changer.
While other shoes are flat on the inside, KURUSOLE is shaped like your foot to hug and prevent fatigue and pain.
Perfect for me! This is my 3rd pair of Quantums. I wear one just for distance walking, (wore them out and bought another pair for that). I have another pair I use for shopping, walking around town, etc. I wore them just this past week walking days and days, miles and miles at Disney World while keeping my feet in comfort. I LOVE these shoes. I no longer need expensive orthotics in my shoes since I’ve been wearing Quantums these past 3 years. Give them a try.
Love them! This is my second pair of Kurus. Love them! I don’t have to keep switching out my orthotics any more. These shoes have built in support that works just like my orthotics. They do take time to break in, but so worth the time.
I love these boots! So comfortable, no breaking in time. These are my 2nd pair. I wear them all day, every day. These have healed my very bad plantar fasciitis in a few months when custom orthotics did not work. I don’t know how that is even possible, but these boots are a true lifesaver for me. And they look good too. Thank you!
Walking better. I bought these shoes about three weeks ago and am still in the break-in period suggested. However, I look forward to putting these shoes on for the daily three hour period suggested. It has become a time of physical therapy for my feet. As suggested, I do not use my orthotics. These shoes are teaching my feet a new way of walking. I still have to try them outside. That will be the big test. Being 81, I have had to go slowly to adapt my feet to KURU technology.
So comfortable. I have only had these shoes about a week, but I can tell you I love them! They are so light weight, yet, provide fabulous support to my heels and arches. I suffer with plantar fasciitis and I don’t have to wear orthotics with this shoe! Very comfortable, and the black atom shoe is very fashionable.