Best Shoes for Servers and Waiters
When you work in a field that requires you to be on your feet all day, you’ll most likely deal with foot and leg pain. Waiting tables requires a lot of walking and—in some cases—running. You wouldn’t want to catch yourself slipping and catching everyone’s attention—especially your supervisor’s.
Being a server or waiter requires stability and balance. This is why you should invest in the best shoes for restaurant servers. Aside from comfort, the best shoes for waiters should be stylish and durable. Mix and match your outfit with elegant server shoes from us.
KURU offers the best waiter shoes, non-slip shoes for servers, and the most comfortable shoes for servers. With these amazing finds, you can get through a whole day of walking, running, and carrying heavy items without foot pain or accidents!
As you look for the best work shoes for servers, try to find a pair that allows you to work freely and comfortably. Buy shoes that will make you enjoy your work and help you avoid any accidents or blisters.
Waiters and servers must look for non-slip, close-toed shoes that will support a wide range of movement despite any messes that customers may have left on the floor that day. The best shoes for servers have to be reliable enough to last for long hours, despite the wear and tear brought about by your job and responsibilities.
Blisters, swollen feet, and bruises may occur if you do not have the best serving shoes. This might also affect your work quality. A cushioned arch support and better circulation are ideal for long hours of waiting and serving.
Our KINETIC anti-slip shoe is both supportive and cushioned and can help you go through the day without experiencing inconvenience on your foot. Moreover, our pain-relieving slip-resistant shoes can make the job easier with their optimized insoles.
Find out what types of safety or ergonomic hazards servers and waiters face that can lead to foot injuries.
Being in the service industry takes a lot of physical work. You will test your energy levels and physical stamina every day. Your feet will hurt from all the walking and running around.
Are waiters and servers more prone to foot pain and injuries? Yes, especially if you’re wearing the wrong kind of footwear. Let’s learn more about some conditions you might get after a long, busy day in the restaurant:
- BunionsThese are hard bumps one can find inside the big toe joint. This often leads to a condition where the big toe leans closer to the other toes and a large bump appears on the outside of the foot. Bunions are often caused by tight and ill-fitting shoes.Bunions
- Ingrown ToenailsThis happens when the side of a toenail digs or grows into the soft flesh of the foot. Ingrown toenails often lead to swelling, pain, and inflamed skin. This happens due to poor blood flow in the feet and ill-fitting footwear.Ingrown Toenails
- Scalds and BurnsThese are inevitable in the service industry, since you’ll never know when someone might bump into you, causing burns and other injuries. If your foot is not protected by reliable and sturdy shoes, it will most likely be burned if you spill something hot on the floor.Scalds and Burns
- Joint InjuriesGrease and other food waste on the floor may cause you to slip and get hurt. Falls, trips, and slips can happen if your shoes have poor shock absorption. It may also occur if you are not comfortable with the shoes you are wearing at work.Joint Injuries
- Plantar FasciitisOtherwise known as heel pain, plantar fasciitis causes a torn or inflamed ligament in the heels. Constant walking or sprinting can cause this condition, and it’s quite common among waiters and servers. It can range from dull to excruciating pain. This is why proper footwear is crucial for those who are in the service industry.Plantar Fasciitis
- Sore FeetSore feet among servers is caused by unsupportive footwear. While you may feel comfortable wearing certain shoes in casual setups, the service industry demands shoes that are designed for a particular purpose. This is when the best non-slip shoes for servers are vital.Sore Feet
Restaurant and Food Industry Facts and Stats
We take a look at some facts and stats you might not have known about footwear worn by servers and waiters.
- 90% of servers have reportedly stated that they spend five to eight hours standing up and walking around during their shift.
- Waiters and servers work 40-49 hours a week, according to statistics. That even includes weekends and holidays!
- Plantar fasciitis and sore feet are two of the most common foot injuries waiters and servers experience and develop.
- The restaurant industry employs an astonishing percentage of 2% of the population of the United States. More people are becoming drawn to working in the industry in the past years.
- Find the right shoesThis is crucial when it comes to working in the service industry. You have to ensure that you are wearing the best shoes for servers to avoid experiencing any kind of foot injuries or accidents along the way. Try looking for non-slip and ergonomic shoes that are specifically designed for servers and waiters.Find the right shoes
- Good hygiene goes a long waySome waiters experience athlete’s foot and similar foot conditions due to a lack of hygiene. Bring some extra socks if you feel like your feet are already too sweaty after a long day of serving. To avoid ingrown toenails, do not cut your nails too short.Good hygiene goes a long way
- Do some stretchesAfter a long day, try stretching or exercising your feet gently. You may also do some stretches before going to work just to warm your ankles and joints up. This may help prevent workplace injuries and accidents.Do some stretches
- Soak your feetGive your feet some TLC after a hard day’s work because you deserve it. You can massage them on your own or have someone else massage them for you. Grab some aromatherapy oils or lotions and rub your feet to relieve any muscle tension or strain.Soak your feet
- Ice your feetIf your feet feel sore, then it’s time to give them a nice cold compress. This can relax the muscles and alleviate any sore or painful muscles after a day of standing up in the restaurant.Ice your feet
- What are the best shoes for servers?
The best shoes for servers are non-resistant and comfortable enough to help them do well at work. KURU offers the best server shoes that combine style and comfort—without foot pain! These shoes will also allow servers to move freely without tripping or slipping.
- What shoes should a waiter where?
A waiter should wear the most comfortable and durable shoes for their feet—and they need to be closed-toe and non-slip. Since a person’s feet are unique, KURU caters to your needs through our various designs and innovative technology that will help you no matter your profession. Thus, we also provide the best shoes for waiters here.
- How do I know which shoe to buy? Which is best for me?
The best shoe for you will depend on your unique foot type and the style you’re looking for.
The best shoes for men and women alike offer adequate arch support and cushion. Whether you’re looking for bright blue shoes, dark blue shoes, or white shoes with blue accents, KURUs line of pain-relieving footwear help alleviate foot pain symptoms for all-day comfort.
- How is the arch support of KURU shoes?
KURU shoes deliver excellent arch support without the need for thick inserts or expensive, custom orthotics.
Superior arch support starts with our patented KURUSOLE technology, which delivers natural cushioning and dynamically hugs your heel with every step. Every foot is unique, and our ULTIMATE INSOLES adapt to fit your needs by using your own body heat to custom-mold to the shape of your feet over time.
The corrective nature of our superior arch support is designed to neutralize your weight distribution and place your foot in the best anatomical position. This support can take some getting used to. We suggest slowly breaking in your new shoes over the course of 2–3 weeks.
- Are your shoes considered orthopedic shoes?
While our shoes are not currently considered orthopedic by a medical standard, we have received thousands of positive reviews from customers who say their KURU shoes with good arch support helped reduce or eliminate their pain—from plantar fasciitis to bunions.
Each of our shoes feature a wide toe box, superior arch support, shock absorption and patented heel technology, engineered for pain relief.
At KURU, we pride ourselves on our unique approach to shoe design. We believe that shoes should be shaped to fit the natural contours of your feet, which is why we create every pair in three distinct support layers, not just an insole.
Our revolutionary ergonomic design starts with a curved footbed and adds unparalleled triple-layer support that includes shock-absorbing KURUCLOUD, heel-cupping KURUSOLE, and arch-supporting ULTIMATE INSOLES. The result? Shoes that are so comfortable you’ll stop thinking about your feet.
With our trusty KURUSOLE plate, walking will not feel like a chore. We prioritized our customers’ natural biomechanics in the …Show More
With our trusty KURUSOLE plate, walking will not feel like a chore. We prioritized our customers’ natural biomechanics in the creation of this masterpiece. You do not have to think about walking in such a way that won’t pressure your joints and sole. Our technology offers a holistic foot guard to help you seize the day without pain.…Show less
Our KURUCLOUD base will make you feel like you’re barefoot on a pile of clouds. That’s the level of comfort our shoes provide for …Show More
Our KURUCLOUD base will make you feel like you’re barefoot on a pile of clouds. That’s the level of comfort our shoes provide for your feet. Its lightweight EVA foam offers superb shock absorption and ultimate comfort. Wear this pair every step of the way to avoid foot pain and injuries while on the job.…Show less
Our ULTIMATE INSOLES are designed to help you develop and maintain a healthy posture and improve your overall health. These insoles are designed with …Show More
Our ULTIMATE INSOLES are designed to help you develop and maintain a healthy posture and improve your overall health. These insoles are designed with durable and comfortable polyurethane (PU) that provides better rebound and shock absorption. Get all the support you need while working through its dual-density design and smart shape.…Show less
With our trusty KURUSOLE plate, walking will not feel like a chore. We prioritized our customers’ natural biomechanics in the creation of this masterpiece. You do not have to think about walking in such a way that won’t pressure your joints and sole. Our technology offers a holistic foot guard to help you seize the day without pain.
Our KURUCLOUD base will make you feel like you’re barefoot on a pile of clouds. That’s the level of comfort our shoes provide for your feet. Its lightweight EVA foam offers superb shock absorption and ultimate comfort. Wear this pair every step of the way to avoid foot pain and injuries while on the job.
Our ULTIMATE INSOLES are designed to help you develop and maintain a healthy posture and improve your overall health. These insoles are designed with durable and comfortable polyurethane (PU) that provides better rebound and shock absorption. Get all the support you need while working through its dual-density design and smart shape.
Fine, We’ll Tell You Our Secret
What makes KURU different? Every KURU shoe comes with built-in patented KURUSOLE tech—a foot health game changer.
While other shoes are flat on the inside, KURUSOLE is shaped like your foot to hug and prevent fatigue and pain.
4 doubles in 4 days, NO pain!! I bought these, broke them in for two days and went to work as a server. I could not believe what a difference they made! I’ve recommended them to everyone that will listen! Looking forward to my next pair, and the next!”
Great shoes. Bought my son a pair of these shoes hes a server on his feet all day! Best shoes hes ever had! Will be buying more. Best ever! Thank you!”
Amazing shoes!!! I was beyond skeptical buying these shoes. Because they are $150… but I bought them after reading about all the reviews. Let me say I absolutely love them!!! My lower back and heals have always hurt. I am a single mom and a server so I am always on my feet. I bought these shoes and my lower back pain and heal pain has drastically declined!!! When I am on my feet for 8 hours a day my back does not hurt!!! I swear by these shoes !!! I wear them 24/7 now. I highly recommend them. I absolutely love these shoes!!!”
Heel Pain Gone. My son is a server and his heels were killing him. I saw your ad, while playing scrabble, and ordered a pair of shoes for him. The first week he wore them, the pain lessened but did not go away. By the end of the second week, the pain was gone! THANK YOU!!!!”
Helped me so much I don’t cry anymore. These shoes are the first shoes that have helped since I shattered my foot and ankle 30 years ago I work as a server I used to cry with pain at the end of the shift these shoes changed that and I didn’t have to purchase an insole Thank you.”