Supportive, waterproof multi-sport sandal
You May Also Want
A unique blend of threads gives you a high-performance sock that perfectly pairs with your favorite KURUs. For both men and women.
TREAD is like four-wheel drive for your feet. The aggressive, durable rubber tread pattern inspires confidence in the face of the most rugged terrain. It’s perfect for all your favorite outdoor pursuits, including hiking, walking, fishing—or whatever else you hear in the call of the wild.
Feel the wind in your hair and a breeze on your feet with an open design that maximizes breathability and airflow. And there ain’t no river wide enough: TREAD is made with waterproof materials that are treated to hold up even when conditions get wet—and easy to wipe clean! Plus, a special non-wicking lining on the footbed keeps your foot secure, even when wet.
For reliability day in and day out, TREAD uses premium hook and loop fasteners on each strap that hold up to repeated use
Flimsy sandals deprive you of the stability your body needs, but TREAD changes things. How? Our proven KURUSOLE creates a comfortably firm foundation, while hugging your heels to more evenly distribute the force of each step. This makes TREAD the perfect trail sandal to deliver dynamic heel, ankle, and arch support.
Something this trail-ready with superior support is more than a shoe—it’s a KURU.
Simple and Fast Free Shipping in the U.S.
All US orders ship free via standard ground service. (FedEx/USPS for Domestic, USPS for HI and AK). Faster delivery is available for a fee.
- Fast & Free Standard Shipping* - Almost every order ships within 1 business day. Most orders ship the weekday your order is processed. Your order will ship from the nearest warehouse that contains your items. Most standard ground shipments arrive within 5 business days or less. Many arrive in just a few days after your order has been processed. Weekend delivery is not available. (FREE SHIPPING Excludes International & US Territories)
- Expedited Overnight (1 Business Day) Shipping - $30* - Most orders ship within 1 business day (excluding weekends and holidays) of the order date. Expedited shipping times are based on business days after the order ships and it does not include order processing time. Weekend delivery is not available. Cut-off time for overnight shipping is 12 P.M. Eastern Standard time.
*Please see our Shipping Policy page for more information, including international shipping policies.
No-Hassle US Returns & Exchange Policy
We strive to live by the “golden rule” when it comes to online orders.
- 100% Free Returns & Exchanges Domestic US - Most who purchase KURU shoes end up keeping them. However, sometimes we do not become sole mates. Don't worry, because you can return your order for a refund or exchange for a different size or style within 45 days of the purchase date with no restocking fees. Every pair of shoes orders are permitted one exchange. If you find you need to place an exchange on an already exchanged item return the pair of shoes and place a new order.
- KURUCLOUD: Lightweight EVA foam delivers shock-absorbing cushion with each step.
- KURUSOLE: Responsive technology dynamically flexes to hug and protect your heels.
- ULTIMATE INSOLE: Contoured, dual-density foam provides superior arch support.
- RDRobert D.Verified BuyerReviewingTREADI recommend this productRated 3 starsYesterdayLack of Adjustment
Lack of Adjustment for a Smaller/narrower Foot.
I am closer to a 10 than a 10-1/2.
I immediately purchased a second pair, but wonder if I made a mistake and should send them back.
A 9- 9-1/2 would be too small.How would you rate the arch support of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the style of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the comfort of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the size of your shoes?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the width of the shoe?Rated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2How does the size of your shoe fit?Rated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BABill A.Verified BuyerReviewingTREADI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 month agoMy first Kuru sandals - Tread
Another success story with an new type of Kuru. Heading out later this week for a tropical vacation and wanted the great support and comfort in sandals that I experience with the Atom shoe. I've worn the Tread for five days for a few hours for the break-in period and they are excellent. Full support and very comfortable. Fit and finish is first rate and there has been no uncomfortable rubbing of skin. Ran true to my size 11, just like the Atom lace-up.
I got the limited edition color and it looks great. The picture does not really show the color accurately.How would you rate the arch support of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the style of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the comfort of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the size of your shoes?Rated 3.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the width of the shoe?Rated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2How does the size of your shoe fit?Rated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- RMRachel M.Verified BuyerReviewingTREADI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 hours agoGreat for arthritis
I’m 36 and have arthritis in my feet. I was looking for a sandal that did not look like I’m 90 lol. I love these they are very comfortable and I have no pain! I’m in the process of slowly replacing all of my shoes to orthotics. Kuru will definitely be one of the brands I continue to buy from. I would be thrilled if they came out with a dressy wedge too. Hopefully they will. I can’t seem to find any that look stylish and youthful.
Thanks Kuru!How would you rate the arch support of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the style of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the comfort of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the size of your shoes?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the width of the shoe?Rated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2How does the size of your shoe fit?Rated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
|S||5 - 8.5||6 - 7|
|M||9 - 11.5||7.5 - 10|
|L||12||10.5 - 12|
|XL||12.5 - 14|
|S||35 - 39||2.5 - 6||21.5 - 25|
|M||40 - 43||6.5 - 9||25.5 - 25|
|L||44 - 46||9.5 - 11||28.5 - 30|
|XL||46.5 - 48||11.5 - 13||30.5 - 32|
Understanding “FIT” notes:
ALL KURU shoes are sold in US sizing. IF the “FIT” note says “1/2 size small”, you should purchase a 1/2 size larger than your normal size (e.g if wear an 8, purchase an 8.5). If the note says “1/2 size big," then purchase a 1/2 size smaller than your normal size.