Your feet are the foundation of your whole body. It’s important to keep them strong and healthy. Check out these four foot strengthening exercises to improve your foot health.
Your feet have shoes to fill and unfortunately, foot pain is not far behind and can often times stop you in your tracks. If you are one who is on your feet for long periods of time, foot exercises may be helpful in soothing those tired aching feet, or even prevent foot pain all together.
There are several foot problems that come on either from overusing your feet, or wearing shoes that do not fit properly. Often times, these conditions can become very painful over time, eventually bringing your healthy active lifestyle to a screeching halt.
Conditions such as plantar fasciitis, overpronation, or supination can become debilitating if you choose to ignore the problem. The arches of your feet are what absorb shock and distribute the weight of your entire body, while assisting your feet in adapting to different surfaces while walking, jogging, running, etc.
Because our feet are the most used and abused parts of the body, it is critical to make sure they are cared for in the best ways possible. Foot exercises are not only beneficial for relieving pain but are also great for strengthening your feet, which down the road help to prevent foot problems such as plantar fasciitis or pronating problems from coming on.
Check out these quick and easy do at home foot exercises to get you off on the right foot.
4 EASY FOOT EXERCISES
FOOT EXERCISE #1: POINT THOSE TOES!
Pointing your toes in a downward position is a great way to relieve pain and discomfort, especially after you have spent the day on your feet.
- Simply lift one foot, roll it downward until the toes point towards the ground and flex the foot. These foot exercises help to stretch the small muscles at the bottom of your feet, giving you relief from pain and discomfort.
FOOT EXERCISE #2: RAISE YOUR HEELS.
While wearing high heels can lead to problems with your feet, foot exercises such as raising your heels can be beneficial. Not only does this type of foot exercises help to relieve toe cramps, but also helps to strengthen your calf muscles and the muscles through your arches.
- Stand up, lifting your heels off the ground so you are standing on the balls of your feet.
- Hold for 10 seconds and repeat 10 times.
"Many foot exercises not only help to relieve pain, but can also help to tone even the small muscles of the foot, helping to improve your foot health in more ways than one."
FOOT EXERCISE #3: SIT DOWN STRETCHES.
If you are one who suffers from plantar fasciitis, you already know that foot pain can really slow you down. With this type of foot exercises, you have a 75% chance of being relieved of your plantar fasciitis within 3-6 months after performing this stretch 3 times daily.
- Sit down and cross your left leg over so your left ankle rests on your right thigh.
- Hold your toes and bend them back towards your shin and feel the stretch.
FOOT EXERCISE #4: TOE CURLS.
It is amazing to realize how connected your toes are to the rest of your foot. Toe curls are great for strengthening the muscles along the bottom of your foot.
- With some small objects such as marbles on the floor, using only your toes, pick up one object at a time by curling your toes around the object, and place them in a small bowl.
- Repeat this exercise until all objects have been picked up.
- Switch feet and repeat the exercise. You will feel your muscles working hard each time you curl your toes to pick up the objects.
ARE YOUR SHOES THE CULPRIT FOR YOUR PAIN?
When you think about how hard your feet work to keep you going all day long, the best ways to care for your feet are through these easy foot exercises and a good pair of shoes for standing all day. Many people who suffer from foot pain do not realize that shoes can be a huge culprit for foot problems if they do not fit properly.
Not only can foot exercises be very beneficial for relief of pain and improving your overall foot health, but shoes with good insole support are also great for giving your feet the care and relief they need.
When it comes to finding good shoes to support your everyday needs, KURU is there to help you along the way. Through remarkable KURUSOLE™ technology, here is what makes KURU’s the most comfortable walking shoes around!
- Heat-activated, space-age foams mold to the exact shape of your foot, providing you with amazing arch support and an all-around comfortable fit.
- A deep heel cup cradles your heels, providing your feet with added stability and amazing shock absorption for a pain-free comfort to keep you going all day long.
With some fast and easy foot exercises and an amazing pair of shoes, experience the relief and comfort you deserve as you find increased energy to do more, go longer, and improve your health for the better. There is nothing that spells happiness more than enjoying an amazing quality of life!
No matter which activity you are wanting to do in your life, KURU has a shoe for you that will give you the support, comfort and style that your feet have been craving.SHOP WOMEN'S SHOES | SHOP MEN'S SHOES