Best Plyometric Shoes
Plyometrics are high-intensity exercises that help build and strengthen muscles. These activities involve using a lot of speed and force, and often jumping, and can be done in your home or at the gym. It is important to look into good shoes for plyometrics. There are plenty of benefits to getting a good pair of plyometric shoes, including comfort, stability, and protection.
Because plyometrics involve explosive movements, your feet will thank you for getting the right pair of plyometric training shoes. Even if you have foot problems like plantar fasciitis or are looking to get relief from foot pain while you exercise, KURU Footwear has a wide range to choose from. Below are just a few of our top picks for the best shoes for plyometric training, to get as much out of your training as possible.
Plyometric shoes are designed to help you complete any exercise you wish to do. They can come in a wide range of styles, runners, and sneakers, and feature an elevated sole in front of the foot. Whether you want to speed up your metabolism, improve your leg muscles, or pump up your endorphins, you will benefit from getting the best shoes for your plyometric exercises.
The best shoes for plyometric workouts will have specific features that cater to your needs. Some of their more specific features will include gaining a better range of motion, increasing your speed, and improving your lower leg strength. However, not all plyometric shoes will offer the same benefits. Some will serve a specific purpose, such as plyometric jump shoes and plyometric strength training shoes.
Plyometric shoes that fit well can improve performance and reduce injuries. Find the best style for you with the help of KURU.
It’s unlikely that you’ll find shoes that are designed specifically for plyometrics, but there are plenty of shoes that support different kinds of plyometric activities. Because of the tremendous force you apply while working out, you may sustain injuries if you fail to pick the right shoe. Be sure that you pick a pair that will provide padding, as well as shock-absorbing materials.
Doing a bit of research before choosing a pair of shoes will save you from having to make a new purchase when they break down in a few weeks. Choose a shoe made from high-quality materials and superior construction to ensure it lasts longer, and try to look for shoes that offer shock-absorbing materials and padding to protect the balls of the feet.
- Low-topThese shoes will allow you the freedom and mobility you need to safely perform plyometric workouts. Get shoes with secure closures that can keep the foot firmly planted to the ground as you perform movement sequences, such as running and sudden breaks. Some plyometric shoes come with a loop lacing system that keeps them locked in place.Low-top
- StrengthThese will usually have a lightweight design and generally have better motion control and flexibility. This, in turn, will help to prevent knee pain, overpronation, and poor body alignment. The best plyometric shoes will also allow the feet to breathe through the mesh materials.Strength
- RunningThese will provide the arch support and cushioning you need, where most will come up higher on the ankles to provide stability.Running
- Cross-trainersThese options will be your best bet. Cross-trainer shoes will provide features that other shoes don’t have, such as shock absorption and impact protection.Cross-trainers
Plyometric Shoe Care Tips
Keeping your plyometric footwear fresh and clean is as simple as following these simple tips from our KURU GURUs.
Once you decide on a favorite pair of plyometric shoes, they will go through regular wear and tear. It’s important to give them proper care to ensure that they maintain their form for as long as possible. Here are a few tips and tricks to clean your KURU plyometric shoes.
Midsoles and Outsoles
- Both parts will typically go through the same kind of process, so begin by removing excess dirt using a soft-bristled brush — an old toothbrush is fine.
- Mix one part laundry detergent and one part baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply the mixture to the midsole and outsole.
- Use a damp cloth or sponge to clean off any residue.
- Pat your shoe dry using a clean cloth.
Plyometric Shoe’s Upper Part
- Use warm water to moisten a clean cloth.
- Wring the cloth and ensure there is no excess water.
- Use the cloth to remove dust, dirt, or stains from the surface.
- Use a waterproof spray to avoid water spots.
- If you see touch stains, you can soak the shoe in water with detergent.
Alternatively, you can also use a washing machine to wash your shoes, but be sure to check the label as some shoes can be damaged in the washing machine.
- Do plyometric shoes work?
If you’re big into fitness, wearing the right pair of shoes is essential — it’s best to invest in plyometric shoes that will help you during every exercise. Plyometric shoes can help with CrossFit training, lifting weights, and more. The protection and support they provide during strenuous activities are second to none, so they are the perfect companion to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Your feet will be able to take you over hills and mountains as long as you wear the best shoes for the specific purpose you’ll need them for.
- What are plyometric training shoes?
These are designed to withstand intense workouts and can come in a wide range of styles. The best shoes for plyometric workouts are ones that will have specific features that you’re looking for and will cater to your needs. However, not all plyometric shoes will offer the same benefits, and some serve a specific purpose.
Some examples are plyometric jump shoes and plyometric strength training shoes.
- Should I do plyometrics barefoot?
Plantar Fasciitis can be a symptom of flat feet. Most people can recover from plantar fasciitis with at-home treatments and proper footwear.
While training barefoot may have various benefits for the ankle and foot, there are also risks associated with this, especially inside a gym or a weight room. If you wish to train barefoot, you will need to be extremely cautious when moving and dropping weights.
It is not advisable to train barefoot in a crowded room or when performing plyometrics. This is because the foot may not be strong enough to absorb the force applied to it which may result in injuries.
- I just received a pair of your shoes and my feet are sore/hurt after wearing them. Why is that?
Some customers experience tenderness when they first start wearing a new pair of KURUs. That’s ok! Your body may need time to adjust to the new levels of anatomical support you experience with our patented KURUSOLE technology. Our shoes are also designed to mold to your unique foot shape, which takes a bit of a break-in period.
To help mitigate this, we suggest you follow our break-in procedure, including wearing your KURUs for a couple hours per day around the house in the first couple of weeks as they break in and form to your foot.
- How do I know which shoe to buy? Which is best for me?
The best shoe for you will depend on your unique foot type and the style you’re looking for.
The best shoes for men and women alike offer adequate arch support and cushion. Whether you’re looking for bright blue shoes, dark blue shoes, or white shoes with blue accents, KURUs line of pain-relieving footwear help alleviate foot pain symptoms for all-day comfort.
Discover key features of plyometric shoes and how to select the perfect pair for you.
- FitThe best shoes for plyometrics and running offer stability and fit well. Because you will need to lift your feet off the ground when jumping, be sure that you pick shoes that provide good traction on various kinds of surfaces. Avoid shoes that don’t provide enough cushioning and support, or are too tight or loose since you won’t feel comfortable during your workout sessions.Fit
- ComfortAll good shoes for plyometric training should be comfortable, which is highly important when performing plyometric activities. Your feet will be constantly moving and performing jumps and high-impact contact with the ground. You don’t want shoes that are too heavy or restricting when you work out.Comfort
- TractionOpt for shoes that will have a solid grip on any surface. You may want to look for options with rubber soles, and it’s best to avoid running shoes, which are usually made of lightweight materials — these won’t provide the traction you need. If you’re looking to sprint across obstacle courses or perform other plyometrics-based workouts, be sure to look for a pair of shoes that will provide more support.Traction
- MobilityGetting a low-top shoe is the best option for your plyometric workouts since they offer more mobility and are less restrictive. Low-top shoes are also the best choice for outdoor workouts where there’s rough terrain involved. This includes grassy areas or trails where the flexibility of a low-cut shoe will allow you to get through any obstacle in your way.Mobility
At KURU, we pride ourselves on our unique approach to shoe design. We believe that shoes should be shaped to fit the natural contours of your feet, which is why we create every pair in three distinct support layers, not just an insole.
Our revolutionary ergonomic design starts with a curved footbed and adds unparalleled triple-layer support that includes shock-absorbing KURUCLOUD, heel-cupping KURUSOLE, and arch-supporting ULTIMATE INSOLES. The result? Shoes that are so comfortable you’ll stop thinking about your feet.
Our patented KURUSOLE plate can reduce foot pain, redirect stress, and encourage a healthy gait. It also features a unique design that …Show More
Our patented KURUSOLE plate can reduce foot pain, redirect stress, and encourage a healthy gait. It also features a unique design that cups the heel and allows for dynamic flexion with each step, where it provides superior support that helps protect and preserve the heel’s fat pad. As a result, it guides your body to a more natural alignment, which guarantees personalized comfort that can’t be replicated.…Show less
With our KURUCLOUD midsole, you can enjoy smooth and comfortable strides. Forming the base layer of our three-part technology, …Show More
With our KURUCLOUD midsole, you can enjoy smooth and comfortable strides. Forming the base layer of our three-part technology, KURUCLOUD uses an advanced blend of lightweight and high-grade EVA foams to provide support in every step. This shock-absorbing technology helps to alleviate pressure while offering a soft cushion for comfort that feels like walking on clouds.…Show less
Our three-part technology is complete with our ULTIMATE INSOLE, which provides support similar to orthotics without any additional purchases. Made from …Show More
Our three-part technology is complete with our ULTIMATE INSOLE, which provides support similar to orthotics without any additional purchases. Made from dual-density polyurethane foam, the ULTIMATE INSOLE offers a superior cushion. This technology also supports any changes to the shoe’s mold as you use it for the first time, adjusting to your foot after a few wears.…Show less
Our patented KURUSOLE plate can reduce foot pain, redirect stress, and encourage a healthy gait. It also features a unique design that cups the heel and allows for dynamic flexion with each step, where it provides superior support that helps protect and preserve the heel’s fat pad. As a result, it guides your body to a more natural alignment, which guarantees personalized comfort that can’t be replicated.
With our KURUCLOUD midsole, you can enjoy smooth and comfortable strides. Forming the base layer of our three-part technology, KURUCLOUD uses an advanced blend of lightweight and high-grade EVA foams to provide support in every step. This shock-absorbing technology helps to alleviate pressure while offering a soft cushion for comfort that feels like walking on clouds.
Our three-part technology is complete with our ULTIMATE INSOLE, which provides support similar to orthotics without any additional purchases. Made from dual-density polyurethane foam, the ULTIMATE INSOLE offers a superior cushion. This technology also supports any changes to the shoe’s mold as you use it for the first time, adjusting to your foot after a few wears.
Fine, We’ll Tell You Our Secret
What makes KURU different? Every KURU shoe comes with built-in patented KURUSOLE tech—a foot health game changer.
While other shoes are flat on the inside, KURUSOLE is shaped like your foot to hug and prevent fatigue and pain.
Best Training Sneaker For All My Activities. I almost never write reviews. But, I had to review ALL of the shoes I’ve purchased from KURU. If I could have an entire shoe and boot wardrobe from this brand, I would! The QUANTUM is like walking on clouds! It’s practically cured my plantar fasciitis and my heel spur. I take Zumba & Spin Classes in these sneakers plus lift weights. They are great for all the squats, leg lunges and burpees I do. They’re even great for all the jumping jacks & mountain climbers I do in my cross training workout classes. BEST Training Sneaker I’ve ever purchased. Will keep buying KURU for every activity I can!”
Angelica In The City
My foot fixers! Hey, you got new shoes, say my clients. Yep I did. What are they, they ask. Kuru, my foot fixers, I answer. Over years of marathon training and decades as a personal trainer, being on my feet all day everyday takes a toll. My feet have been strained, sprained and broken. Kurus have been there for me for about 10 years now, supporting my return to my activities and work I love. Thank you Kuru!”
My 5th pair and counting. I suffer from plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, multiple foot injuries, etc. These sneakers are the best I have found to help me be able to maintain my lifestyle including daily walks with the dogs, and I have even been able to have reduced and minimal pain days, even no pain days, so that I can do strength training and HIIT workouts again.”
Best pair of training shoes I ever purchased! This is the best pair of training shoes I have ever purchased. Just the right amount of room in the toes, great arch support, and comfortable. If they are as durable as they are in comfort, support and fit I will be a lifelong customer!”
I Can Workout Comfortably Again! Second pair of the Atom sneakers for me in one year! I’ve been dealing with a heel spur, plantar fasciitis & I tend to pronate. I’ve tried every sneaker my podiatrist recommended. He had never heard of KURU. Thankfully, one of my best friends recommended this shoe. In less than a month, my feet felt incredible and pain free. I’m able to dance, jog, hike and do all of my cross training in these sneakers! I am now a HUGE fan of KURU!!”
Angelica In The City