The toe flexor muscle is the muscle responsible for controlling your big toe. The big toe is responsible for managing your balance and helps with your posture. A weak toe flexor muscle can mean pain for your whole body.
Doing stretches and exercises for the toe flexor muscle specifically can help keep your toes flexible and mobile as well as strengthen them, which will help your whole-body health improve from the ground up. Having strong toe flexor muscles can also help you avoid toe-injuries such as hammertoe and bunions. Here are our three favorite toe flexor exercises to help you stay on your feet!
Manual Toe Flexor Stretch
- Sit in a chair with your knees bent, and feet on the floor in front of you. Cross your right ankle over the left knee, so you can reach your foot with your hands.
- Hold your heel with your left hand, and take your toes in your right hand.
- While keeping the rest of the foot straight and still, gently pull the toes back until you feel a stretch from the bottom of your big toe, all the way down into your arch.
- Hold for a count of 10, then repeat on the other side.
Standing Toe Flexor Stretch
- Step 1: Stand near a wall or chair for balance.
- Step 2: Slowly raise your heels so your toes are flat on the ground, but your heels are off the ground. You should feel the stretch from your big toe and into the arch of your foot.
- Step 3: Hold this position for a count of 15, and repeat 5 times.
Toe Gripping Toe Flexor Exercise
- Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you. Bend your knees slightly.
- Flex your ankles so that your toes come off the ground.
- Keeping your heels on the ground, contract your toe muscles like you are gripping something with your toes.
- Hold the contraction for a count of 15. Release the muscles and repeat several times.
KURU Shoes For Better Toe-Health
While exercises, plantar fasciitis stretches, and stretches for your toes are excellent for your toe-health, it is also important to wear comfortable shoes, which can significantly help your feet stay healthy.
KURU shoes are built around a foot-shaped last. This means that from the get-go, they provide a wider toebox with room for you to splay your toes naturally as you walk. This allows for better circulation and less chance of toe deformities and ball of foot pain, caused by nerve damage.
But we did not stop there. Over time, heat-sensitive foams in the footbed of every KURU shoe use your own body heat to mold to your own foot shape for a truly custom fit. Through our amazing KURUSOLE™ technology,you get the utmost comfort for better foot health every day. Choose KURU and do more and go longer than ever before. Experience a higher quality of life with KURU.No matter which activity you are wanting to do in your life, KURU has a shoe for you that will give you the support, comfort and style that your feet have been craving.
SHOP WOMEN'S SHOES | SHOP MEN'S SHOES