The Ultimate Exercise To Get in Shape Faster: Interval Training
- Interval training involves short bursts of intense exercise interspersed with brief rest periods, as opposed to typical steady-paced workouts.
- Interval training is suitable for individuals with varying fitness goals, including increasing speed, endurance, building muscle, or losing weight.
- Increasing the intensity of interval training each week can kick-start the body’s metabolism, leading to noticeable results within a few weeks.
What Is Interval Training?
With typical exercise routines, you workout at a comfortable, steady pace for 45 minutes to an hour. It feels pretty easy initially, but by the time you’re done, you’re both tired and…well, done. Not only that, but it may also take months before you get the results you want.
Interval training, on the other hand, is anything but routine. It includes short bursts of intense exercise broken up by brief rest periods. It is physically demanding. The best part about interval training is that you’ll notice the results in only a few weeks.
Interval Training For Runners
There are hundreds of interval training exercise routines. Whether your goal is to increase your speed, improve endurance, build muscle, or lose weight, interval training can help you achieve any fitness goal. Here’s one routine for runners that has been adapted from Active.com. This workout will surely burn calories and increase your overall fitness.
- Warm up for 15 minutes.
- Run for 3 minutes at 90 percent effort.
- Walk or jog for 3 minutes.
- Repeat the 3-on 3-off pattern 3 to 4 more times.
- Cool down with a walk or jog for 10 minutes.
Do this workout three or four times the first week. If you’re up to it, you can pick up the intensity each week by lengthening the duration of each interval and reducing your recovery time. For example, in week two, you can run for 3.5 minutes and walk for 2.5 minutes. Week three: run for 4 minutes, walk for 2 minutes, etc. Increasing the intensity each week kick-starts your body’s metabolism. By the end of the first month, you’ll see the pounds begin to melt away.
At KURU, we want you to get the most out of life, including getting the best results from your exercise routine. Before you start interval training, ensure your feet are supported with a pair of KURU’s best fitness shoes.
At KURU, we’re dedicated to your well-being, providing innovative footwear technology that alleviates foot discomfort, allowing you to pursue your passions. Our revolutionary technology, introduced in 2008, has garnered an impressive 29,000+ five-star reviews. These reviews are a testament to how our men’s and women’s shoes have aided countless customers, including those battling plantar fasciitis, in returning to their beloved activities. Explore our expertly curated guide to discover the best shoes for plantar fasciitis that suit your specific needs.
For all media inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.