100 Best Running Songs That’ll Motivate You To Get Moving
- Listening to music while running improves your performance, stamina and recovery.
- Listen to motivating songs with a beat per minute (BPM) between 120 and 130 to boost your mood and pick up the pace.
- For a 10-minute mile pace, choose songs with a BPM of around 150.
Whether you’re trying to find the motivation to get off the couch and get moving or finish that last half mile of your marathon, we’ve got the songs you need to get pumped up to run faster for longer.
What better way to find the best running songs than to ask actual runners? We at KURU Footwear compiled our top 100 songs to run to that’ll get you motivated and singing along while you lap the competition, do some cardio training on the elliptical or treadmill or get out and hit the trails.
Check out our running playlist below and crank up your headphones—it’s about to get sweaty!
1. “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyoncé
What’s a better hype song than a Beyoncé classic? Get the blood flowing and the good vibes going with this empowering and upbeat hit.
2. “Higher Love” by Kygo + Whitney Houston
Who doesn’t love jamming out to Whitney Houston? Great for a quick power walk or light jog, this song will boost those dopamine levels and put a smile on your face.
3. “Dog Days Are Over” by Florence + The Machine
It’s impossible to sit still while listening to this song. See if you can match your cadence with the fast rhythm for a heart-pumping sprint to the finish line.
4. “Cold Little Heart – Radio Edit” by Michael Kiwanuka
Any fans of Big Little Lies? Disassociate while listening to the theme song of the show and pretend you’re also in the show running away from all the secrets you’re hiding. Perfect for a run along the beach if you want the full effect!
5. “Wake Me Up” by Avicii
This upbeat jam will have you thinking about your life as you take every step closer to your goals and crossing the finish line.
6. “Like I Can” by Sam Smith
Great for a light jog or power walk, Sam Smith will get you fired up and ready to get moving.
7. “I Don’t Care” by Ed Sheeran + Justin Bieber
Calling all Beliebers! This hit will put a smile on your face and get you stepping to the beat on your next run.
8. “Girl on Fire” by Alicia Keys
Great for hill work or a cool down, this empowering song will hype you up and give you the motivation you need to keep pushing throughout your run.
9. “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen
Yes, this song did, in fact, make our list—whether you love it or hate it. This upbeat megahit will get your heart rate up as you match your steps to the beats per minute of the song.
10. “212” by Azealia Banks + Lazzy Jay
Hot girl walk anyone? This viral TikTok jam will have you feeling yourself and stepping to the beat like you’re on a runway.
11. “Sun Don’t Shine” by Klangkarussell + Jaymes Young
Perfect for a summer run, this vibey song will put you in a good mood and make you want to get up and dance.
12. “Bloom” by The Paper Kites
Connect with nature on a crisp, early morning run by turning up this song in your headphones.
13. “She Lit a Fire” by Lord Huron
Sometimes fall and winter runs need their own playlists, and this song should be on one of them. This soothing hit will have you feeling refreshed at the end of your run.
14. “Gonna Fly Now” by Bill Conti
It’s impossible not to picture Rocky training and running up those steps when you hear this song. Let this song motivate you to push past your breaking point and continue in the race.
15. “All Too Well (10-Minute Version)” by Taylor Swift
Time to get in your feels! Taylor Swift’s 10-minute version of All Too Well is the perfect post-breakup song to listen to on your run. Just think—you could run three miles in 30 minutes by only listening to this song three times (as long as you run a 10-minute mile)!
16. “Bang Bang” by Jessie J + Arianna Grande + Nicki Minaj
Time to get hype! This jam will have you stomping to the beat and feeling invincible on your next run.
17. “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
Who doesn’t love a Rihanna classic? Reminisce while listening to this song that might make you stop running so you can dance instead.
18. “Hot N Cold” by Katy Perry
With 132 BPM, Katy Perry’s Hot N Cold is the perfect running song that falls in that endurance-building range of around 130 BPM.
19. “Physical” by Dua Lipa
If you’re aiming for a 10-minute mile, picking songs around 150 BPM to listen to can be a great way to keep your pace up. This song will do just that at 147 BPM!
20. “Kiwi” by Harry Styles
Who doesn’t love some Harry Styles? His song, Kiwi, will get you sprinting that last lap to the finish line.
21. “Mr. Saxobeat” by Alexandra Stan
Another classic. This upbeat song will get you moving and grooving on your next run.
22. “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
You really can’t go wrong with Taylor Swift. Shake off the stress of the day with this hit on your next run!
23. “Good Girls Go Bad” by Cobra Starship + Leighton Meester
Stomp to the beat or see if you can match your run cadence to the 120 BPM of this upbeat hit.
24. “Blue World” by Mac Miller
Great for a cool down at the end of your run, this comforting Mac Miller jam will slow down your heartbeat and get your body ready for recovery.
25. “Animal” by Neon Trees
Another great hit for that 10-minute mile pace, this song will motivate you to make that extra push.
Fly through your workout with an energizing bounce and heel-hugging technology. FLUX features supercritical EVA foam, which lasts up to 3X longer and delivers up to 15% more bounce for better energy return. Plus, a sock-like fit and zones of stretch and support create the perfect balance of structure and breathability.
26. “Feel This Moment” by Pitbull + Christina Aguilera
This song will make you want to get up and move, so you might as well add it to your running playlist!
27. “Beige” by Yoke Lore
Perfect for a crisp morning run, this inspiring song is great for an interval run as you try and match your footsteps with the beat.
28. “When I Grow Up” by The Pussycat Dolls
Step to the beat as you pretend to walk the runway while listening to this throwback.
29. “Golden” by Harry Styles
Another Harry hit, this feel-good song is perfect for your next outdoor run with the sun shining on you.
30. “Burnin’ Up” by The Jonas Brothers
We had to include this Jonas Brothers hit in our list. It might be impossible not to scream out the iconic “red dress” line on your run—so you’ve been warned!
31. “Countdown” by Beyoncé
Count down the minutes in your run with this motivating classic by Beyoncé.
32. “The Sound” by The 1975
This can be a great song for walking or light jogging at 121 BPM.
33. “Let’s Groove” by Earth, Wind & Fire
It’s impossible not to groove to this song when it’s in the title. Add this to your running playlist to get the good vibes flowing on your next run.
34. “Cold Cold Man” by Saint Motel
This retro hit will put you in a good mood to keep running that extra lap!
35. “Crazy In Love” by Beyoncé + JAY-Z
Another hot girl walk hit, this song will have you feeling powerful and confident on your next walk or run.
36. “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac
This classic will have you singing along and running to the beat.
37. “Don’t Stop the Music” by Rihanna
Rihanna’s songs always pack a punch with upbeat rhythms that just make you want to get up and dance—and this song is no exception.
38. “Love Me Like You Do” by Ellie Goulding
Great for some wind sprints, at 190 BPM, this song will have your heart pumping and your legs burning.
39. “Stayin’ Alive” by Bee Gees
How can you not strut to this song like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever? This song deserves a spot on your next running playlist.
40. “First Class” by Jack Harlow
Let Jack Harlow put you in first class as your step to the beat of this song.
41. “Karma” by Taylor Swift
Taylor claims yet another spot on our list. Her new hit, Karma, is a great warm-up song for your next run, putting you in a good mood and getting the body loosened up to go the extra mile.
42. “Day ‘N’ Nite” by Kid Cudi
Perfect for an early morning or late night run, this hip-hop throwback will help you free your mind on your next run.
43. “Escapism.” by RAYE + 070 Shake
This viral TikTok song will have you strutting to the lyrics as you crush your daily steps goal.
44. “Lost” by Frank Ocean
Get lost in the lyrics—not on your run—with this Frank Ocean classic.
45. “I Wanna Get Better” by Bleachers
Are you a fan of the early 2000s alternative hits? This song may be perfect for you on your next run!
46. “Spaceman” by The Killers
Another alternative classic, this upbeat song will motivate you to keep going.
47. “Love It If We Made It” by The 1975
Are you the type of runner that likes to go for a run to clear your head? This song might be perfect for those who want to run away from the stress of the day.
48. “Roses” by The Chainsmokers + ROZES
This ultimate summer jam will have you bobbing your head and running to the beat on your next jog.
49. “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen
We had to include some classics in our list—and what’s more classic than Queen? This song will get you up and going on your next run, and no one will be able to stop you!
50. “Does Your Mother Know” by ABBA
Who doesn’t love a bit of ABBA? This feel-good classic should find its way onto your next workout playlist.
Get your feet moving to the beat with our curated list of the top 10 best shoes for plantar fasciitis, designed to keep your feet happy and pain-free.
51. “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers
Come out of your cage and run to this hit from The Killers! This one will be hard not to sing along with as you listen to it on your next run.
52. “Heat Above” by Greta Van Fleet
At 139 BPM, this is the perfect song to boost your endurance and stamina on your next run.
53. “State of Grace (Taylor’s Version)” by Taylor Swift
Another feel-good song from Taylor Swift that will keep you motivated on your next run.
54. “Music For a Sushi Restaurant” by Harry Styles
Listen to this vibey bop on your next run to lift your spirits and boost those dopamine levels.
55. “Suspicious Minds” by Elvis Presley
We had to include the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll himself, Mr. Elvis Presley, in our best running songs list. Even if classics aren’t your thing, this song is sure to put you in a good mood.
56. “Boy’s a liar Pt. 2” by PinkPantheress + Ice Spice
Another viral TikTok anthem, this song is a must-listen on your next hot girl walk or run.
57. “I Like It” by Enrique Iglesias + Pitbull
This throwback will have you singing along the next time you hit the trails.
58. “Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj
Next time you train on the treadmill, add this to your playlist to get you stepping to the beat and singing all the words.
59. “my ex’s best friend” by Machine Gun Kelly + blackbear
This newer hit is great for getting your heart rate up as you match your cadence to the 125 BPM.
60. “A Sky Full of Stars” by Coldplay
This Coldplay song has a great beat to run to and inspiring lyrics to motivate you on your next run.
61. “Stronger” by Kanye West
Run further and get stronger while you listen to this Kanye hit the next time you pound the pavement.
62. “2 Heads” by Coleman Hell
This vibey bop will get you up off the couch and jogging down the street. At 120 BPM, this song is perfect for improving your running stamina.
63. “On The Floor” by Jennifer Lopez + Pitbull
Do as Jennifer says, and “don’t stop, keep it moving” on your next run with this song on your playlist.
64. “I Love It” by Icona Pop + Charlie XCX
Impossible not to bob your head to, this lively song will keep you motivated.
65. “POWER” by Kanye West
The ultimate hype song, Kanye West’s POWER will inspire you to keep pushing yourself to run further, faster and harder.
66. “The Show Goes On” by Lupe Fiasco
This upbeat song is great for long-distance runs to build your endurance.
67. “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson
In this song, Kelly sings “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” With this song on your running playlist, you’re sure to feel motivated to keep going.
68. “Daylight” by Matt and Kim
This nostalgic hit is a perfect mood-booster for your next jog.
69. “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga
This megahit will motivate and empower you to run faster on your next run.
70. “According to You” by Orianthi
If you want to feel confident and invincible on your next run, we’d recommended adding this song to your playlist.
71. “Temperature” by Sean Paul
Crank up the temperature with this bop that will get you moving and singing along the next time you hit the trails.
72. “Look What You’ve Done” by Tasha Layton
This inspiring song is great for recovering at the end of your next run.
73. “Lean On” by Major Lazor + MØ + DJ Snake
Power walk to this dance/electronic hit to pump up your mood and boost your serotonin.
74. “Love Myself” by Hailee Steinfeld
Feel confident and free on your next run with this song on your playlist.
75. “I Took a Pill in Ibiza” by Mike Posner + Seeb
Step along to this throwback hit with good vibes and a great beat.
Our best got better. As we celebrate 10 years of fan-favorite QUANTUM, we bring you the next generation of heel pain relief: QUANTUM 2.0. This premium walking shoe brings you our most cushioned midsole yet, a wider base with a wide toe box, and upgraded KURUSOLE heel support for ultimate foot pain relief.
76. “bad guy” by Billie Eilish
Embrace your alter ego on your next run with this Billie Eilish jam.
77. “Whatever It Takes” by Imagine Dragons
Stay motivated to do whatever it takes to finish out your run with this song on your playlist.
78. “The Man” by Taylor Swift
Great for a light jog, this inspiring Taylor Swift hit is a must for any running playlist.
79. “Empire State of Mind” by JAY-Z + Alicia Keys
At 174 BPM, this song made it on our list since it’s a great tempo to run to if your goal is an 8-minute mile.
80. “Whatever You Like” by T.I.
Perfect for a 10-minute mile pace with feel-good lyrics and 150 BPM, this song is a great song to run to.
81. “Sk8ter Boi” by Avril Lavigne
Impossible not to sing along to, this song is another great song to run to if you’re aiming to run a 10-minute mile.
82. “Formation” by Beyoncé
Beyoncé said it best—“Okay, ladies, now let’s get in formation.” Grab your headphones and jam to this song on your next run.
83. “We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus
Great for a warmup or cooldown, this song will leave you feeling motivated.
84. “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey
This all-time classic will give you the boost you need to keep believing in yourself and go that extra mile.
85. “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
Are you a fan of rap and hip-hop? Let Eminem’s lyrics motivate you on your next run with this song.
86. “Go Your Own Way” by Fleetwood Mac
Get those good vibes going with this Fleetwood Mac classic that will have you running your own way.
87. “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
This couldn’t be a list of the best running songs without including this all-time classic motivational song. Get the eye of the tiger on your next run as you crush your goals and push toward the finish line while listening to this song.
88. “On Top Of The World” by Imagine Dragons
Feel motivated and on top of the world as you listen to this song the next time you go for a run.
89. “ceilings” by Lizzy McAlpine
Calling all heartbroken runners! Sometimes the perfect time to go for a run is when you need to get out of your head and run away from the pain—this song is perfect for that.
90. “Electric Love” by BØRNS
Get an electric burst of energy on your next run with this feel-good jam turned up in your headphones.
91. “Talk Too Much” by COIN
Want to drown out all the talk around you? This upbeat bop will silence the noise on your next jog.
92. “Just Like A Movie” by Wallows
If you put this song on during your next run, the smooth guitar and moody vocals will make you feel like you’re in your own indie movie.
93. “Walking On A Dream” by Empire of the Sun
Feel like you’re walking on a dream with this indie pop hit that will put a smile on your face and get you stomping along to the beat.
94. “Clocks” by Coldplay
This motivational Coldplay song is perfect for your next run through the city.
95. “Forever” by Labrinth
If you’re a fan of the HBO hit series, Euphoria, consider adding this jam to your running playlist for a great cool-down song.
96. “Run Boy Run” by Woodkid
Maybe you need a little motivation from the feeling of being chased to kick you into gear for your next sprint. This song is perfect for just that.
97. “One Of Us” by ABBA
Great for a run cool-down, at 82 BPM, this nostalgic song will slow down your heart rate and breathing to begin active recovery.
98. “The Greatest Show” by The Greatest Showman
Who doesn’t love a musical number? This inspirational hit from The Greatest Showman might be just what you need to stay motivated on your next run.
99. “Castle on the Hill” by Ed Sheeran
This feel-good Ed Sheeran song will lift your spirits and get your feet moving at 135 BPM.
100. “Time to Run” by Lord Huron
Another great song for a trail run, this indie/folk hit will push you to run further than you thought you could.
Benefits of Listening to Music While Running
Running even just five minutes a day can improve your health, but did you know that listening to music while running does much more than just get you moving? Here are some of the scientifically proven benefits of listening to your favorite jams while pounding the pavement.
- Boosts your mood: We all have favorite hype songs that get us pumped up and put us in a better mood. Running to songs you know will make you happy, increases your dopamine levels and reduces stress and anxiety.
- Improves your performance: Studies show that listening to music while running increases your overall effort and motivation, improving your run performance.
- Increases your stamina: Music can help you run faster and for longer by causing you to sync your steps with the beat per minute (BPM) of the song you’re listening to. If you want to pick up the pace, look for motivating songs with a BPM between 120 and 130.
- Aids in recovery: Listening to slower, more calming songs towards the end of your run can help slow down your pace and breathing, bringing down that heart rate to allow your body to recover.
- Distracts your mind: Putting together a running playlist helps your mind dissociate while running, and can distract you from the pain and fatigue your muscles and mind may feel.
Not sure where to start with your running playlist? Check out our Spotify playlist with some of the best running songs to help you stay motivated and improve your performance, stamina and recovery while running.
If you’re experiencing heel pain after running, which is a common side effect of plantar fasciitis, consider switching out your running shoes with ones designed to provide extra cushion to absorb the impact of your run. Be sure to check the fit and give your toes the room they need.
Whether you’re a new runner or have hundreds of miles under your belt, KURU has a pair of running shoes for you!
At KURU, we’re on a mission to help you Heel Better™ with footwear technology designed to relieve foot pain, so you can live a life you love. Since launching our innovative technology in 2008, we’ve received more than 30,000 five-star reviews from thousands of customers who tell us their KURU shoes helped them with conditions (such as plantar fasciitis) and got them back to doing what they love. Explore our guide to the best shoes for plantar fasciitis to find a pair that fits your needs.
For all media inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.