The Best Hiking Shoes
There's a lot of places where we get away with beat up, worn out gear that has long since seen its prime. However, when it comes to your hiking shoes, beat up and worn out are two things you definitely need to avoid.
Imagine what it would be like to have the perfect hiking shoe that is rugged enough to summit one of Colorado's fourteeners, yet effortlessly transitions to the local bar for a round of beers. When hiking, especially with a loaded pack, you can't risk your body's foundation—your feet.
KURU hiking shoes are unlike any other trail shoes. Our patent-pending KuruSole™ technology is molded into every pair of KURU shoes. This revolutionary technology offers orthotic-quality support that cups your heel for incredible stability and sure-footed traction.
We then add a unique footbed on top that custom molds to your unique foot shape, giving you a custom fit. Combine all this with our premium upper materials, and you have the recipe for your best trip yet!
An Unbelievable Hiking Shoe
We have a unique advantage, our headquarters are at the base of the Wasatch mountain range in Salt Lake City, Utah. Having access to world-class trails really gives KURU trail shoes an unfair advantage. We've quickly learned what makes our shoes so incredible, including:
- Cupped Rubber Construction - all KURU hiking shoes feature a cupped rubber outsole construction for superior durability and performance. You'll never have to worry about lugs that tear off from sharp rocks.This means our shoes wear better and last longer.
- Durable - 93% of customers agree that KURU is Durable and Lasts Long
- Superior Traction - aggressive lug patterns ensure a solid grip. In fact, our rubber outsoles draw inspiration from the most grippy tires—trials motorcycle tires. Just like trials tires, KURU hiking shoes can scale some of the most rugged terrain.
- Supportive - out of the box, KURU are the most supportive hiking shoes available. How? Our patent-pending KuruSole™ midsole technology actually has an orthotic molded into the footbed. No more costly aftermarket insoles to get the support you should be getting with a new pair of trail shoes.
- Our Customers Agree - 88% of customers agree KURU is Ergonomic for My Feet while 79% agree KURU is More Supportive than other shoes.
- Versatile - KURU hiking shoes are probably the most versatile trail shoes. They are perfect as a travel shoe for the trails in the Swiss Alps, or a quick day hike up half dome.
- Good Looking - if you can get all these other incredible benefits in a hiking shoe that actually looks good. Why not?
- Lighter - Research has shown that even 1 or 2 ounces of extra weight on your feet exponentially increases your oxygen use, taxing your cardiovascular system and wearing you out. KURU is lighter, leaving you refreshed with extra miles left in your legs.
You won't find the support of our incredible KuruSole™ footbed combined with the above-mentioned benefits in even the best trail shoes.
Why You can Trust KURU Light-Duty Hiking Shoes
The standard gets pretty high when you hold the pending patent on the World's most anatomical midsole for trail shoes. We have logged hundreds of miles in the mountains to improve and optimize every aspect of the KuruSole™ technology.
What has resulted is a space-age, thermoplastic orthotic HeelKradl™ that magically flexes inward to cup your heel with every step. This promises a more secure footing on any terrain the trails throw at you.
Never to stop short of perfection, we use a special foam for the sockliner footbed that is designed to custom mold to your foot shape. Quite literally, every KURU hiking shoe begins with the shape of your foot in mind.
With all these innovations, KURU hiking shoes keep you on the trail and away from the ibuprofen and moleskin.
Award-Winning Hiking Shoes
KURU won both the 2011 & 2012 Reader's Choice Award