CHICANE WIDE Women's Trail Hiking Shoe
The CHICANE is an original. In fact, it was the very first shoe KURU offered. We've taken customer feedback to refine and improve the shoe. This is the best CHICANE we've ever made.
That's why the durable CHICANE is available in either full-grain leather uppers or a more airy combo of mesh and leather. Allowing you to explore the outdoors with the perfect balance of protection and ventilation.
In studying what makes every female foot unique, we discovered a lot of variation occurs over the instep—from the ankle to the big toe. That's why the CHICANE has a curved tongue. Letting you fine-tune the fit to your feet.
We then added moisture-wicking liners and grippy rubber outsoles for the most sure-footed adventures. Underneath, our trusted KURUSOLE provides unmatched heel support for a trail shoe that keeps your feet happy.
Rugged on the outside, soft on the inside. Kind of like life.
- Arch Support -Exceptional Arch Support is Built-in
- Materials - Synthetic and Nubuck Leather Uppers, Synthetic linings, Non-Marking Rubber Outsole
- Heel to Toe Drop - 12mm for better pressure distribution from heel to forefoot
- Weight - Approximately 373 grams (13.16 oz based on a size 8)
- Width - B+
- Origin - Designed and Developed in the USA
Why You'll Love It
- Outdoor Favorite - A top-selling favorite trail hiker for those suffering from Plantar Fasciitis, heel pain, flat feet, bone spurs, and more
- Natural Curves - Proprietary asymmetrical tongue design follows the top-line of the foot for a better, more adjustable fit
- Improved Alignment - Get a sock-like fit with an infinitely adjustable Ghillie Lacing System that snugly wraps your foot into the shoe
- Improved Alignment - Unlike anything else, KURUSOLE improves your alignment and posture for a healthier you
- Move those Toes - A more generous, broader toe box gives your toes room to move. Perfect for Morton's neuroma, hammer toes, bunions and more
- Secure Laces - Full height lacing system wraps the webbing around the foot for a sock-like fit
- Breathable - Moisture-wicking liners keep your feet dry and happy
Free shipping and returns
SIMPLE AND FAST FREE US SHIPPING
All US orders ship FREE via standard ground service. (FedEx/USPS for Domestic, USPS for HI and AK). Faster delivery is available for a fee.
- FAST & FREE STANDARD SHIPPING* - Almost every order ships within 1 business day. Most orders ship the weekday your order is processed. Your order will ship from the nearest warehouse that contains your items. Most standard ground shipments arrive within 5 business days or less. Many arrive in just a few days after your order has been processed. Weekend delivery is not available. (FREE SHIPPING Excludes International & US Territories)
- EXPEDITED OVERNIGHT (1 Business Day) SHIPPING - $30* - Most orders ship within 1 business day (excluding weekends and holidays) of the order date. Expedited shipping times are based on business days after the order ships and it does not include order processing time. Weekend delivery is not available. Cut-off time for overnight shipping is 12 P.M. Eastern Standard time.
*Please see our Shipping Policy page for more information, including international shipping policies.
NO-HASSLE US RETURNS & EXCHANGE POLICY
We strive to live by the “golden rule” when it comes to online orders.
- 100% FREE RETURNS & EXCHANGES DOMESTIC US - Most who purchase KURU shoes end up keeping them. However, sometimes we do not become sole mates. Don't worry, because you can return your order for a refund or exchange for a different size or style within 45 days of the purchase date with no restocking fees.
GET YOUR LIFE BACK
Imagine a shoe with the power to make your body feel years younger. It's not a dream: The future of footwear is here. Our patented KURUSOLE makes feet healthier with a special flexing action that hugs the natural cushioning in your heels. Unlike anything else, these hugs cup your heel to handle pain and lessen impacts, letting you skip the hassle of orthotics.3X MORE SUPPORT
Imagine living unstoppable days, knowing KURU supports you in all the right ways. In a few short weeks, our unparalleled ULTIMATE INSOLES custom mold to your unique foot shape using space-age foams that harness your body heat—promising full-length comfort and whole-body alignment with perfect heel, arch and ankle support.EARTH'S HAPPIEST RIDE
Imagine a bouncy, energizing ride with every stride. Using premium polymers found in high-end running shoes, our KURUCLOUD midsole delivers endless cushioning to enhance the cupping motion of KURUSOLE—setting the standard for the smoothest stride and a happier life.
Something that raises the bar to new heights is more than a shoe—it's a KURU
- LFLinda F.Verified ReviewerReviewingCHICANE WIDEI recommend this productRated 5 starsYesterdaySMILES
My first pair of Kurus. My first pair of specifically purchased orthopedic shoes. I needed total knee replacement. My foot was/is in need of surgery. My breakover was totally compromised. That was my right side. This was my issue for 3 years. My left foot because of the issues had developed heel pain and added pain from my bunions.
These shoes allowed me to walk briefly before surgery. Were my go to shoes after and while healing. I own 2 pair, my 2nd not as great. They are both Chicanes only 2nd Were deep navy, uppers designed a little different which doesn't offer the same support as the solid leather.
I was a blacksmith and Eqine Sports Massage Therapist for 23 years before retiring disabled. Breakover, pain and the big issues stated above can affect your life so major. These shoes were the beginning of a life
I now need a boot in wide, PLEASE KURUHow would you rate the arch support of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the style of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the comfort of this shoe?Rated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the size of your shoes?Rated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the width of the shoe?Rated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2How does the size of your shoe fit?Rated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- FCFlower c.ReviewingCHICANEI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 months agoGreat stability
I decided to try this style after I ordering and loving the quantum. We do a fair amount of hiking and wanted something less than a hiking boot but more than a sneaker for less intense hikes. The chicane works great for this purpose. I like the asymmetric lacing as it give my narrow foot a more secure fit. The kuru footbed gives great support and the outsole gives great traction on rocky trails. To note, this doesn’t replace a high quality hiking boot for really rocky and challenging trails, but it’s a great in between hiking shoe.How would you rate the arch support of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the style of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the comfort of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the size of your shoes?Rated 3.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the width of the shoe?Rated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- TtommieReviewingCHICANE WIDEI do not recommend this productRated 2 stars2 months agoBest Shoes Ever
Bought these shoe heal made wrong , returned sent me a new pair that was made the same way, i own, Kinetic,and my wife bought sandals great love them.Was this helpful?
- BbioscijessReviewingCHICANEI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 months agoSummer hiking essential
We moved to Northern Arizona and I have been hiking every weekend with my kiddos. I didn't want to dirty my quantum's so I bought these from a friend who didn't like the look of them. True, the asymetrical stitching takes a bit of getting used to, but these are grippy on the wet and freshly rained on trails that are a combo of gravel and mud where I hike the most. They are very breathable and my feet feel supported, although I do prefer to insole inside the quantum versus this one, so I wish we could buy insoles separately. Most importantly, I can keep up with my kids and the chicanes can double as trail runners when my kids get too far ahead of me. They were also easily cleaned in a creek when they were saturated in mud.How would you rate the arch support of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the style of this shoe?Rated 3.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the comfort of this shoe?Rated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the width of the shoe?Rated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- AOActive O.ReviewingCHICANEI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 months agoVery comforting
Size 10. These are first shoes I am not having any arch and toe cramming issues with. Felt good from moment put on although still breaking them in right now, its been over a week! The other Kuru Atom size 10 was too small compared to the Chicane for me. I do have to still customize slightly on my own a bit on one of my feet which has not ever fully recovered from a stress fracture. I will try some of the other models suitable for my needs possibly upsizing.How would you rate the arch support of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the style of this shoe?Rated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the comfort of this shoe?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the size of your shoes?Rated 3.0 on a scale of 1 to 5How would you rate the width of the shoe?Rated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
|US Women's||US Men's||EU||UK||JP|
Understanding “FIT” notes:
ALL KURU shoes are sold in US sizing. IF the “FIT” note says “1/2 size small”, you should purchase a 1/2 size larger than your normal size (e.g if wear an 8, purchase an 8.5). If the note says “1/2 size big," then purchase a 1/2 size smaller than your normal size.