How do I take care of my KURU shoes?
Because we use better, high-performance materials in our shoes, it's important to properly care for them to extend the life of the shoes. Following are the care instructions for KURU Shoes:
- Always keep your shoes free of moisture and store them in a dry, cool environment, free of direct light or sun.
- If you need to clean your shoes, we recommend a shoe cleaning gel that is suitable for both fabric and leather. Always remember to spot-test the cleaner as sometimes it can alter the color of the materials. You can also clean your shoes with a moist (with water), lint-free cloth, and/or a soft-bristled brush. We offer a basic shoe cleaning kit with all the tools you need for regular shoe maintenance.
- When cleaning mud or other debris, allow the mud to fully dry, then with a soft-bristled brush, lightly remove the dirt.
- Never put your shoes in a washer or dryer. Always allow your shoes to air dry. If your shoes get wet, make sure to remove sockliner insole to make sure the interior of the shoe fully dries.
- To improve the stain and water resistance of KURU shoes, we recommend using our high-grade shoe protector spray that works on both leather and footwear textiles. The exclusive KURU Shield Shoe Protector is optimized to keep your shoes protected from water, stains, and other chemicals and oils.
Any damage due to failing to follow the above care instructions will void the warranty against defects on the shoe.