WHAT RECENT STUDIES SHOW ABOUT RUNNING 5 MINUTES EACH DAY
How would you feel if we told you your body gets the same benefits from running for 5 minutes as it would to run for an hour? Recent studies have shown that people who ran for as little as 5 minutes a day got the same benefits as those who ran 3 or more hours per week. If you live an inactive lifestyle, would this motivate you to get up and move more? Time to put the games down, turn the tv off, and brush the dust off those running shoes and put them to good use!
Those who are not used to running on a regular basis tend to view running as painful, tiring, and a sport that requires too much effort, so why even bother? There are many reasons why you should bother. Do you realize the pros that come from all the panting, tiring feel, and fast-beating heart provide far more benefits which more than outweigh the cons to running? Not only does running help to tone your muscles, help you to lose weight, get yourself in shape, etc., running also works your heart to keep it in a much healthier shape.
IN ADDITION TO THOSE BENEFITS, CHECK OUT THE OTHER MAJOR ADVANTAGES RUNNING DOES FOR YOU.
- Running helps to relieve stress/anxiety/depression. Dealing with a rough day? Of course we all go through hard days from time to time, however, running helps to increase the “feel good” chemicals in the brain, helping you to feel more at ease.
- Running helps you to sleep better. Just as running helps combat stress, anxiety, and depression, running helps your body produce endorphins which help the body to relax so you can successfully drift off into dreamland. If you are one who struggles either with falling asleep or staying asleep, consider a quick 5-minute run.
- Running boosts your mood and actually improves your energy levels. Those same endorphins that relax you and help you to sleep, also help boost your energy.
- Running gives you better brain performance. With a raised heart rate and better oxygen flow to the brain, running helps to clear the mind for better concentration, better performance and has been known to reduce your risk of developing dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- Running increases your lifespan by about 3 years. As you reduce your risk of developing cardiovascular disease, studies have shown that a brisk 15-minute walk or 5-minute run vs. remaining sedentary can literally make a difference between life and death. Keeping your body moving keeps blood flowing through the body, thus, keeping the body healthy.
- Running improves high blood pressure. Regular aerobic activity increases blood flow through the body, not only helping to improve blood pressure levels but cholesterol levels as well.
- Running reduces your risk of developing cardiovascular disease. Just like any other part of the body needs to be exercised to remain healthy, the same goes for the heart. A heart that is not worked out like the rest of the body, has a harder time functioning properly, which affects the health of the rest of the body. A heart that is worked, even for only 5 minutes per day, keeps the heart in shape and working properly, and again, keeps the blood flow running much more smoothly throughout the body.
TURNING YOUR LIFESTYLE AROUND
With the obesity rates constantly on the rise, something definitely has to be done. Not only are we eating less healthy, but many jobs these days are computer-based, causing a great deal of inactivity. Sitting around too much not only puts you at higher risk for health problems but slams your motivation to accomplish things right into the ground. Once the “sitting around” begins, your desire to sit around more and more increases immensely. So what are you willing to do for the sake of your health? Grab some good fitness shoes and check out these helpful tips to motivate you to squeeze some 5-minute active time in each day.
- If you have the option of using stairs over the elevator, take advantage of the health benefits that come from using the stairs.
- Keep hydrated all through the day. If getting some water requires you leaving your desk, get up and briskly walk the long way around to the drinking fountain.
- If you are going somewhere close by for lunch, take the opportunity to squeeze either a 5-minute run or 15-minute brisk walk during your break.
- Some work locations have either a pond or a nice nearby trail. Take advantage of breathing some fresh air while getting your 5-minute run in for the day.
- If you work from home or are occupied with things that keep you inactive, run to the mailbox and back, run up and down the stairs, run a couple of laps either around or through the house. None of these suggestions would take more than 5 minutes of your time.
- If you are at home, find household activities that keep your body moving. The more movement the better.
CARING FOR YOUR FEET
One of the most common causes of people losing motivation to stay active is either foot problems or poorly fitted shoes. With your feet being the primary support for your body, caring for them in every way possible is crucial, especially with how frequently they are used and abused. With a remarkable pair of shoes from KURU, you can rest assured that your feet are cared for with your arch support shoes in every way possible, making that 5-minute run or 15-minute brisk walk a piece of cake!
KURU has pioneered outstanding technology that is near impossible to find in other shoes. Amazing KURUSOLE™ technology provides your feet with ample support, extraordinary shock absorption, and unbelievable comfort that will keep you going for as long as you desire, making those short 5 minute running moments fast and easy to handle. If you do not believe us, slip into a pair today, and discover a difference a good pair of shoes make to your body.
Living a healthy life is what everyone desires, however, you have to find the desire for yourself to WANT to work for it for the benefit of your own health. You are in control of your own body. Get up, take the steps towards the happier and healthier quality of life you deserve! Go! Open Life!
No matter which activity you are wanting to do in your life, KURU has a shoe for you that will give you the support, comfort and style that your feet have been craving.