Trick or treating, an American All-Hollows-Eve tradition! And one that comes with free candy if you are willing to go out with your little ones. Whether you enjoy it or not, your kids are sure to want to go out and gather treats, and that means a lot of walking for all of you.
Improper footwear will cause sore feet, making you feel like the trick is on you. But we have a treat for you this Halloween, with a list of our customer-favorite walking shoes that can hold up to even the most ambitious candy hunter. And to ensure that the whole family is safe and happy this holiday, we have also provided a few Halloween safety tips for parents and kids that are out after dark.
The KURU CARRERA
First on our list is the CARRERA. This running shoe model is made for speed and comfort. The name itself means “to race” and the KURUSOLE performance foam can provide a cushioned ride while returning energy during toe-off. This model is especially unique because, during the manufacturing process, KURU found a way to laminate each layer of the upper together, which resulted in 80% fewer seams than if the shoe was sewn. That, in turn, reduces the overall weight of the shoe and gives you a better-balanced stride. Another important aspect of the CARRERA is the focus on keeping the shape and support as close to nature as possible, with a low heel drop and secure fit.
Halloween Safety Tips
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible. Children should walk on direct routes with the fewest street crossings.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
The KURU QUANTUM
The QUANTUM is one of the more popular styles with our most advanced, heat-responsive foams. And with improved cushioning, it boasts an incredibly smooth stride. KURU uses space-age foam and your own body heat to form the cushioned interior to the unique contours of your feet. Giving you a real custom fit. The strong but lightweight outsole can give you stability and peace of mind as your chase little ones over puddles and up and down walk-ups from house to house.
Halloween Safety Tips
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of masks, which can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
The KURU ATOM
As with all our KURU shoes, the ATOM includes a heel cup that supports your heel's natural movements and helps with shock absorption. The forefoot drop is a humble 8mm which gives you good bone alignment and the rockered outsole means that you can plan on a smooth stride. The anatomically shaped toe box will give your toes just the right amount of space for your toes to spread as you walk throughout the day, from the costume parade to reaching the last house in the neighborhood.
Halloween Safety Tips
- Offer a filling meal before your kids head out to trick-or-treat so they are not tempted to scarf down too much of their haul.
- Consider purchasing Halloween treats other than candy. Stickers, erasers, crayons, pencils, coloring books, and sealed packages of raisins and dried fruits are good choices and give an allergy-free alternative.
- When your kids get home, check all treats to make sure they are sealed. Throw out candy with torn packages or holes in the packages, spoiled items, and any homemade treats that have not been made by someone you know.
- Do not allow young children to have hard candy or gum that could cause choking.
Try these Tricks for a Feel-Good Treat for Your Feet
Whether you spend the evening trick-or-treating or being scared out of your wits at a local haunted attraction, your feet will probably be playing a mean trick on you. Being on your feet for long periods of time can leave your feet feeling sore and painful. Visit our list of heel pain tips and tricks for the best treat Halloween has to offer yet!No matter which activity you are wanting to do in your life, KURU has a shoe for you that will give you the support, comfort and style that your feet have been craving.
SHOP WOMEN'S SHOES | SHOP MEN'S SHOES