Most Comfortable Sandals
With spring in full swing and summer soon at its heels, there’s no better time to start wearing sandals than today. After all, summer will only bring hotter and sweatier days—which aren’t always kind on your poor feet.
Don’t get us wrong, closed shoes are still our number one! They offer protection, support, endless styles, and utmost comfort. But when temperatures start rising and you start feeling the heat, it’s always nice to give your feet a break and let them stay cool as well.
That’s exactly what sandals are for—a much-needed break to help your feet stop sweating and prevent them from smelling!
You don’t have to worry about comfort and support, either. All KURU sandals are made with highly comfortable cushions and firm arch support so you can enjoy your sandals and summer outings to the fullest.
Keep your cool while also looking cool and chic with our most comfortable walking sandals today!
Sandals are probably the most popular summer footwear all over the world. And for good reason: no other footwear lets you keep your feet cool and sweat-free during hot weather like sandals.
They’re also the simplest, lightest, and easiest shoes to wear. This is a huge part of what makes sandals much-loved during hot and busy days.
The different types determine their trademark characteristics. In general though, most sandals, regardless of type or style, share features including straps, flat soles and open toes.
Depending on the style, your sandals may have just one strap going over the top of the foot or up to several ones crisscrossing over the foot. More straps offer better security, stability, and comfort, especially if you’re using them for long walks, running, and other high-energy activities.
Since sandals do not have closed fronts, it makes them ideal to wear if you have wide feet or sustained injuries to your toes. It’s also what makes sandals the go-to choice for the beach or lake.
The flat soles might make you have second thoughts about buying sandals for flat feet but modern sandals take inspiration from the best orthopedic sandals.
Today, many sandals have thicker and more durable soles. Many also feature additional cushioning or padding for better arch support to cater to people who want to wear sandals for bunions, plantar fasciitis, and other foot problems.
Don’t ruin your spring or summer attire with the wrong shoes. Find the best style of sandals for you for the beach or backyard BBQ!
Sandals come in a wide range of types and styles. What’s more, not all sandals are made equal! Although most sandals are perfect for casual wear, there are a few that you can wear for formal occasions and even for highly active and sporty events.
Below are some of the most popular types of sandals and where or when it’s best to wear them:
- SlidesThe rise in popularity of slides is due to famous luxury brands selling these sandals and their undeniable comfort and ease of use. Slides’ defining feature is the single, wide strip of material going across the top of the foot.Outdoor slides often have thicker soles and are made from rubber or plastic, while indoor slides may be thinner and made from softer fabrics.Slides
- Flip-flops or thongsFor many people, flip-flops are the trademark footwear for the summer season. When you think of trips to the beach, you immediately think of fun, colorful flip-flops. This type of sandals features two straps that form a V-shape on the top of the foot and a connecting part that goes between the big and second toes.Flip-flops or thongs
- SlingbackSlingback sandals feature a strap going across the back of the foot. The strap prevents your foot from sliding backward and off the sandal. At the same time, it also holds your Achilles tendon in the proper position, similar to regular shoes.Slingback
- Athletic or sports sandalsThese sandals combine and upgrade the features of slides and slingback sandals. Instead of just one strap across the foot, athletic or sports sandals have several straps to securely grip the foot and keep it in place even during vigorous activity. It also has a back strap to ensure the foot doesn’t slide off the sandal.Athletic or sports sandals
- Wedge sandalsThe defining feature of this popular sandal type among women is its wedge heel. Wedge sandals can be slides, slingback, flip-flop style, and more. While not the best sandals for walking, wedges offer the advantage of additional height.While also providing stability, thanks to its whole, solid base. This base helps promote equal weight distribution throughout the foot, despite the high heel.Wedge sandals
- High heel sandalsUnlike wedge sandals, this type of sandal does not have a solid base. Its heel is thinner, leaving the middle of the foot or the part of the arch without an optimal supporting base. High heel sandals also come in a variety of styles, like wedges.High heel sandals
Wondering how to style your sandals? Our KURU GURUs outline the best ways to wear them below.
Some people may steer clear of wearing sandals, believing that they are only for the elderly and old-fashioned people.
Sandals are very versatile—especially in the summer season. With the right color, your sandals can be worn with almost any summer outfit! It’s a good idea to have a few pairs of sandals in different styles to switch things up now and then, but even just one pair can be your go-to summer footwear.
Here are our best tips for styling your sandals:
- Go with neutral colorsIf you’re only investing in one or two pairs of sandals, get them in neutral colors or the most dominant color in your wardrobe. Black and white are classic, timeless, and match well with any color.Go with neutral colors
- Wear with denimWedge and sling-back sandals pair well with jeans. Sandals with skinny jeans make for an ideal day-to-night or office-to-hangout outfit. Wide and long pants pair well with wedge sandalsWear with denim
- Match with socksSocks with sandals used to be a fashion faux pas but not anymore! Athletic or sports sandals match well with socks, giving you a “German on vacation” vibe and providing better comfort, warmth, and grip. For a more subtle look, match your sock color with the color of the sandals.Match with socks
- Wear for the occasionSandals, shorts, and a thin shirt or a tank top are classic summer combos for both men and women. Go for flip-flops if you’re going to the beach and slingbacks or sporty sandals if you’ll be going on long walks.Wear for the occasion
- Wear with shortsSandals are generally quite low, so you can get away with both long and short-length shorts.Wear with shorts
- Wear with ankle length pants or skirtsWhen wearing long skirts, choose ones that are mid-calf to ankle-length to prevent tripping or accidents.When wearing pants, go for ones that taper or end at the ankle. If your pants are longer than that, neatly fold them up to the right length.Wear with ankle length pants or skirts
Sandal Care Tips
Follow these simple tips to keep your sandals looking their best for years to come.
If you want your comfort sandals with arch support to the last longer, then you need to clean them regularly and properly. It can be hard to find the perfect pair of sandals, especially if you’re looking for the best sandals for plantar fasciitis.
Here are our top tips for cleaning and storing your sandals so you can get more use out of them.
- Try to clean your shoes thoroughly every two weeks. You may also do it more frequently for athletic or sports sandals, especially if you wear them for running, hiking, or trekking.
- Avoid putting any footwear in the washer and dryer. It is unsure if your sandals would survive a cycle inside your washer.
- Use a shoe cleaning gel that’s safe for fabric, leather, and other materials.
- Always do a spot test when using a new cleaning solution or bleach.
- Always air dry your shoes after washing.
How to store shoes properly:
- Wipe away any dirt or mud off your sandals before storing them
- Store your sandals away from direct sunlight
- Keep your sandals in a cool and dry place
- Use moisture-absorbing products, like mothballs
- What are the most comfortable sandals?
When it comes to comfortable summer footwear, sandals will likely be your go-to shoe option— even at home. The most comfortable walking sandals are those that do not unnecessarily restrict your feet.
Moreover, the most comfortable sandals for walking should have a thick and stable sole, enough cushion, and comfortable sandals straps. Arch support is also key. It is essential to prevent strain, excessive pronation, and pulled muscles.
Here are a few tips to help you find the most comfortable sandals:
– Sandals for flat feet should have ample arch support and shock-absorbing footbed or insole
– Sandals for flat feet should have ample arch support and shock-absorbing footbed or insole
– Look for comfortable walking sandals with a contoured insole design for equal weight distribution
– For outdoor sandals, look for ones with secure straps on the top and the back of the ankle
– Waterproof sandals maintain utmost comfort even while it is raining
– Try on the flip-flops on both feet to be sure both fit right
Check out KURU’s selection of durable and well-cushioned sandals with superior arch support today.
- How should flip flops fit?
Always choose well-constructed and comfortable flip-flops to keep your feet healthy and happy during warm days. Make sure your feet should perfectly fit on the sole of the flip-flops.
This means neither your heels nor toes should not hang off the edge of the back or front, respectively. Oversized flip-flops may catch on uneven surfaces and cause accidents. Meanwhile, flip-flops that are too small will strain your feet and cause pain or injury.
Additionally, inspect the thong part or straps of the flip-flops before buying as well. The most comfortable flip-flops are those with straps that are not too loose or too tight.
If they are too tight, you’ll get blisters. If they are too loose, they may cause you to trip and get injured. Try to look for flip-flops that have extra padding in the strap or a thong that sits between your big and second toes for greater comfort.
- Can I use custom orthotics with KURU shoes?
Due to the anatomical shape of the KURUSOLE, custom orthotics with a rounded heel fit best inside our shoes. If the underside of the custom orthotic (the part that sits on the footbed) is squared off, then it may not fit into our deep heel cup—which is rounded like your foot.
- How is the arch support of KURU shoes?
KURU shoes deliver excellent arch support without the need for thick inserts or expensive, custom orthotics.
Superior arch support starts with our patented KURUSOLE technology, which delivers natural cushioning and dynamically hugs your heel with every step. Every foot is unique, and our ULTIMATE INSOLES adapt to fit your needs by using your own body heat to custom-mold to the shape of your feet over time.
The corrective nature of our superior arch support is designed to neutralize your weight distribution and place your foot in the best anatomical position. This support can take some getting used to. We suggest slowly breaking in your new shoes over the course of 2–3 weeks.
- I just received a pair of your shoes and my feet are sore/hurt after wearing them. Why is that?
Some customers experience tenderness when they first start wearing a new pair of KURUs. That’s ok! Your body may need time to adjust to the new levels of anatomical support you experience with our patented KURUSOLE technology. Our shoes are also designed to mold to your unique foot shape, which takes a bit of a break-in period.
To help mitigate this, we suggest you follow our break-in procedure, including wearing your KURUs for a couple hours per day around the house in the first couple of weeks as they break in and form to your foot.
Wondering if sandals are the right addition to your wardrobe? Here’s what you need to think about before making a purchase.
- Avoid OverhangMake sure your heels and toes should not hang off the back and front of your sandals.Avoid Overhang
- Avoid Oversized SandalsOversized sandals are more likely on uneven surfaces and result in injury.Avoid Oversized Sandals
- Avoid Tight-Fitting SandalsSandals that are too small will strain your feet and cause pain.Avoid Tight-Fitting Sandals
- Adjust Strap TightnessCheck all the straps and sandals before to make sure they aren’t too loose or too tight for your feet.Adjust Strap Tightness
- Look for Adequate CushioningFor more comfortable sandals, look for ones with thicker soles, padding, or cushioning.Look for Adequate Cushioning
At KURU, we pride ourselves on our unique approach to shoe design. We believe that shoes should be shaped to fit the natural contours of your feet, which is why we create every pair in three distinct support layers, not just an insole.
Our revolutionary ergonomic design starts with a curved footbed and adds unparalleled triple-layer support that includes shock-absorbing KURUCLOUD, heel-cupping KURUSOLE, and arch-supporting ULTIMATE INSOLES. The result? Shoes that are so comfortable you’ll stop thinking about your feet.
The patented KURUSOLE is an unseen hero in our KURU shoes. Though it may not be visible from the outside, KURUSOLE …Show More
The patented KURUSOLE is an unseen hero in our KURU shoes. Though it may not be visible from the outside, KURUSOLE gently cups the heel and keeps it in place to minimize wear and tear. It also helps encourage a natural gait and healthy posture.…Show less
Our KURUCLOUD is the foundation of our unique three-part technology. This lightweight EVA foam offers optimal shock absorption and is …Show More
Our KURUCLOUD is the foundation of our unique three-part technology. This lightweight EVA foam offers optimal shock absorption and is perfect for helping prevent foot fatigue—a common problem after long hours of walking while wearing sandals.…Show less
The ULTIMATE INSOLE in the final layer of our technology trio. As the first point of contact with any KURU wearer’s feet, ULTIMATE INSOLES offer a …Show More
The ULTIMATE INSOLE in the final layer of our technology trio. As the first point of contact with any KURU wearer’s feet, ULTIMATE INSOLES offer a soft, comfortable surface with noticeable support. Its dual-density polyurethane foam provides firm arch support and molds to the shape of your feet over time for a custom fit.…Show less
The patented KURUSOLE is an unseen hero in our KURU shoes. Though it may not be visible from the outside KURUSOLE gently cups the heel and keeps it in place to minimize wear and tear. It also helps encourage a natural gait and healthy posture.
Our KURUCLOUD is the foundation of our unique three-part technology. This lightweight EVA foam offers optimal shock absorption and is perfect for helping prevent foot fatigue—a common problem after long hours of walking while wearing sandals.
The ULTIMATE INSOLE in the final layer of our technology trio. As the first point of contact with any KURU wearer’s feet, ULTIMATE INSOLES offer a soft, comfortable surface with noticeable support. Its dual-density polyurethane foam provides firm arch support and molds to the shape of your feet over time for a custom fit.
Fine, We’ll Tell You Our Secret
What makes KURU different? Every KURU shoe comes with built-in patented KURUSOLE tech—a foot health game changer.
While other shoes are flat on the inside, KURUSOLE is shaped like your foot to hug and prevent fatigue and pain.
Love this sandal! This sandal looks even better in person, a step up from a basic flip-flop. Looks and fits great. Thanks Kuru for another great shoe.”
Feel great. Second pair of kala’s and many pairs of Kuru’s my plantar fasciitis loves them all.”
So comfy! I was very apprehensive about a comfortable between the toe shoe – this sandal did not disappoint! Not only was the between the toe not an issue, but the heel support was so good. Now walking in cute sandals is no longer a problem!”
Great comfort. Most comfortable pool sandal I’ve ever owned. This is my second pair because the first pair was stolen at a resort in Mexico!”
Comfortable and cute! I bought these sandals about three weeks ago and they are so comfortable & look terrific on my feet. My foot is narrow and I have a difficult time getting this style from other shoemakers to fit me – so this is a first! I do feel like I’m still breaking them in, but based on the comfort and the way they feel I suspect I will get years of wear out of them.”