The Chicane is the leading light hiker that fits more feet, out of the box. It's no wonder it has won both the 2011 and 2012 About.com Reader's Choice Award for best trail shoe. The innovative, asymmetrical tongue shape of the Chicane follows the curve of your instep allowing it to adapt to even more foot shapes. In addition, a smartly placed tongue gusset keeps debris and gunk away from your feet. The Chicane keeps you moving on the trail, across town and even on vacation without any blisters or hot spots.
Like a glove.
Reasons you'll love the Chicane:
- Better Fit - proprietary asymmetric tongue design follows the top-line of the foot for a better, more adjustable fit
- Integrated Heel & Arch Support - innovative insole includes a varus wedge with seamless arch support for an incredibly healthy stride
- Durable rand for stability and abrasion resistance
- Protection from the Elements - Fully gusseted tongue keeps debris, water and dust out of your shoes
- Secure Laces - kRibs™ Lacing System wraps the webbing around the foot for a sock-like fit
- Amazingly Comfortable - anatomical KuruSole™ midsole chassis gives all-day comfort for the trail
- Breathable - moisture wicking liners
- Good Grip - high-grade, rubber cupsole outsole construction offers large lugs for excellent traction and long life (non-marking)
- Nature's Cushioning - orthotic HeelKradl™ in footbed cups your heel as nature intended
- Nubuck Leather Uppers - Nubuck finish leathers for superior comfort, durability and a superior fit
- Mesh Uppers - (Select Styles) Mesh upper for improved breathability and warm-weather performance
- Origin - Imported (China)
Understanding "FIT" notes: All KURU shoes are sold in US sizing. IF the "FIT" note says "1/2 size small", you should purchase a 1/2 size larger than your normal size (e.g. if you wear an 8, purchase an 8.5). If the note says "1/2 size big", then purchase down 1/2 size smaller.
The patent-pending KuruSole™ dynamically adapts, keeping your fat pad under your heel bone. You get natural comfort with unbelievable support and performance.
The legendary Chicane was awarded About.com's 2011 Readers' Choice Award for BEST Hiking Shoe. It won due to its versatility as the perfect shoe for trail, travel and as an overall comfort shoe.
New and improved for an even stronger showing, the Chicane wins About.com's 2012 Readers' Choice Award for BEST Trail Shoe. This time, About.com highlighted such benefits including a gusseted tongue and its performance on the trail. In fact, one reader who nominated it said, "Took them to Europe in October, over all kinds of terrain. Loved the way my feet felt at the end of the day!".
" I love discovering small, independent shoe companies...Kuru’s special feature is a specially-designed curved sole that works to spread out the weight of your body coming down on your heel. As far as I'm concerned, it works perfectly."
"The shoe felt like one seamless entity on my foot: The insole cups the heel and supports your arch while the lacing system acts like a ribcage over the foot."
"As the shoes wore in, they became one of the most comfortable things I’ve had on my feet in quite a while.."